Questions regarding ADAS and battery percentage display

Lobogris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello everyone. I just purchased a ZS Exclusive out here in India. MG does not provide adaptive cruise control, automatic braking or lane assist type of ADAS aids in India. They do have them on some other models but not on the ZS. Now, my vehicle was a demo sourced from the batch going to the UK before the ZS was launched in India. Therefore I have the UK version with miles display on the speedometer, no battery percentage display and an older version of the infotainment system software which is being reported as laggy by several members here. The Indian version comes with a very responsive display that shows battery percentage, charge rate and several other stats. It also comes with a connected app.

My ZS has the lane assist camera, the front radar as well as the steering stalks required to use them. However, there is no option to enable it in the display. The dealer and MG simply respond by saying, “sorry, it is not offered on this model in India”. Since all the hardware is present, is there any way to enable it? When the technician connected the computer at the dealership, at the start page there were options to select Thailand and Europe as well. I asked him to select one of them and update it but he refused claiming that his device would not have software from those regions. Is there anyway it can be uploaded by somehow obtaining it from overseas? Like on my Passat we have the VAGCOM software that allows you to make changes.

Finally, do the UK people still not have battery percentage on the head unit display? That seems really hard to manage especially on a long trip. Am I right in assuming that the head units are identical or is there some system limitation in showing this information? I have ordered an OBD device and hopefully it will help me check the battery SOH. Thanks for any ideas.

We do no have the battery percentage display in the UK. I think unless you can find a Linux expert who can tinker with your system, you may be stuck with what you have. The alternative is to offer a payment to a willing technician who will do this off the books for you. This may impact your warranty.

The UK cars do not have the necessary hardware to run the app, so some components are different, not sure to what extent in the head units though.

We do no have the battery percentage display in the UK. I think unless you can find a Linux expert who can tinker with your system, you may be stuck with what you have. The alternative is to offer a payment to a willing technician who will do this off the books for you. This may impact your warranty.

The UK cars do not have the necessary hardware to run the app, so some components are different, not sure to what extent in the head units though.
Thank you for the response. When you said to look for a willing technician, did you mean for ADAS or the head unit software update?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom