Queueing protocol at public chargers.

RogD

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Having recently needed to await the availability of a public charging point, it struck me that a simple 'electronic registration on arrival and notification of availability when your turn occurs ' would be most useful. My experience was fine as the chap ahead of me came and gave me the heads up before he moved, allowing me to take his spot. I've realised that most EV drivers are happy to cooperate.

Thanks very much, have loaded the App and will give it a try when I'm next on the road.

Having recently needed to await the availability of a public charging point, it struck me that a simple 'electronic registration on arrival and notification of availability when your turn occurs ' would be most useful. My experience was fine as the chap ahead of me came and gave me the heads up before he moved, allowing me to take his spot. I've realised that most EV drivers are happy to cooperate.
We were chatting about this at home yesterday. My son (e-Up!)gets the evil eye a lot of the time as bigger cars want to bully get him to stop charging. I can imagine women being intimidated by 'posher' car drivers thinking they are more important than anyone else. Quite frightening.

I've only ever queued once for a charger at the Ecotricity chargers at Exeter M5 services a couple of years ago on the way back from Cornwall. I asked if there was a queue, and there was an i3 waiting to go next. Had a cup of coffee and a chat to everyone there. There was a lot of interest in my 28kWh Ioniq as there weren't that many about at the time. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom