MG ZS EV - I cannot use CCS On Public Chargers

I'm on my first long run in over a year (Doncaster to Tenby) and am having problems at public chargers. I charge once or twice a week at my home PodPoint charger with no problems. I've now been on the road since 05:00 and it's 11:33 and I've tried two different public chargers ( BP Pulse and Genie Point). I'm having the same problem at both chargers. When I try using CCS I pass all the connection tests but they fail to give me any charge. I've contacted both tech admins and they've rebooted the chargers several times to no avail. I've then tried the Type 2 connections and they have both connected and charged. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a MG ZS EV Exclusive and it's red if it helps.
I've had no issues with CCS chargepoints (I've 2020 zs EV)but do ensure the cable/connection fully engaged. I've generally found push/pull/push works.

I'm on my first long run in over a year (Doncaster to Tenby) and am having problems at public chargers. I charge once or twice a week at my home PodPoint charger with no problems. I've now been on the road since 05:00 and it's 11:33 and I've tried two different public chargers ( BP Pulse and Genie Point). I'm having the same problem at both chargers. When I try using CCS I pass all the connection tests but they fail to give me any charge. I've contacted both tech admins and they've rebooted the chargers several times to no avail. I've then tried the Type 2 connections and they have both connected and charged. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a MG ZS EV Exclusive and it's red if it helps.
This happens often to me at our local 50kW InstaVolt, it connects to the car and reads the mileage and battery percentage, then says charging and a minute later it says not charging, I can give up and go back the next day and it will charge. I don’t do anything different so I don’t know why it charges sometimes and not others. It connects every time without fail at Tesco 7kW pod points.

Last edited by a moderator:
compatibility with MG4 is sketchy on ccs, had good times with instavolt and Tesla chargers. Try to stick to those for now

I use Podpoint and have used both CCS and type 2. Seem to be reliable and reasonably priced.

I'm just about ready to set off home to Doncaster from Tenby and I've charged using CCS several times and I think I've cracked my charging problems. It doesn't matter if the car is on or off, locked or unlocked, Red or blue. What you need is a handful of chicken bones. Whichever charger you use either plug in first or get the app working before plugging in then throw the chicken bones onto the floor. Then the charging will start or it won't. Simples.
So do you take the chicken bones with you or can you only charge at KFC after eating a bargain bucket ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom