Quick return to CarPlay?

Koops

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Only had my mg4 a couple of days. It’s an SE, no satnav, so I’m using CarPlay for that. If I select a function on the display eg change temperature, is there a way of going straight back to CarPlay screen, rather than Home then CarPlay press?

When In Carplay, hit the physical AC button, adjust temp and then slide upward to hide AC and reveal Carplay
I don’t think I have a physical ac button which brings up the fan speed and temperature control view, unless you mean the steering wheel controls? But that was just an example. I’d like same for selecting a radio station then one touch back to CarPlay. I know I can +/- through stations on the steering joystick but I like to bring up the radio screen and choose from there. Looks like I’ll have to continue with going back by Home press then CarPlay press 😊

I don’t think I have a physical ac button which brings up the fan speed and temperature control view, unless you mean the steering wheel controls? But that was just an example. I’d like same for selecting a radio station then one touch back to CarPlay. I know I can +/- through stations on the steering joystick but I like to bring up the radio screen and choose from there. Looks like I’ll have to continue with going back by Home press then CarPlay press 😊
Sorry, I don't have an SE, but a Trophy ER
Might be the diff

Thanks. Mine (Trophy ER) is a year newer than yours and R(something in the 40'ies) and I can only select between AC, 360, Regen and Drive modes. No selection for Carplay/Android Auto

You may be able to set the left hand steering wheel star button to do it - some will and some won't, depending on what infotainment version you have 🤔
On the SE (mine at least) its's the right hand star button to adjust AC settings. Then the right hand joystick for temp/fan, up/down for temp, left/right for fan speed. Press the star button again, and the screen disappears.

Only had my mg4 a couple of days. It’s an SE, no satnav, so I’m using CarPlay for that. If I select a function on the display eg change temperature, is there a way of going straight back to CarPlay screen, rather than Home then CarPlay press?
Generally speaking, the steering wheel shortcut back to CarPlay in R33 is to long press the voice control button and ask Siri to show maps or open an app.
In R33 they removed the CarPlay shortcut.
And in R33 the pull down menu shows shortcuts, there’s no pull down menu for A/c

Generally speaking, the steering wheel shortcut back to CarPlay in R33 is to long press the voice control button and ask Siri to show maps or open an app.
In R33 they removed the CarPlay shortcut.
And in R33 the pull down menu shows shortcuts, there’s no pull down menu for A/c
Photo of my new MG4 SE LR display. Software version R21?!

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpeg
    IMG_3705.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 34
You need to complain to your dealer about certain things (e.g. Bluetooth pairing/connectivity) for them to get permission to install 1100R33.

You need to complain to your dealer about certain things (e.g. Bluetooth pairing/connectivity) for them to get permission to install 1100R33.
Car is salary sacrifice scheme via a leasing company. TBH I can live with the s/w as is. I was concerned about the lane keep assist but it’s not been a problem. I’ve done 120 miles so far on Wiltshire A and B roads with nothing alarming. Worst I’ve had is a nudge from the steering wheel and the occasional beep. The white lines where I live are generally awful condition.

Car is salary sacrifice scheme via a leasing company. TBH I can live with the s/w as is. I was concerned about the lane keep assist but it’s not been a problem. I’ve done 120 miles so far on Wiltshire A and B roads with nothing alarming. Worst I’ve had is a nudge from the steering wheel and the occasional beep. The white lines where I live are generally awful condition.
Mine is also a salary sacrifice lease through work and I’ve taken it to a local dealer for the upgrade to the infotainment and I’ve replaced the stock tyres out of pocket so that won’t be a factor.
I think R33 is still an improvement over past versions, especially if as part of it they upgrade the rest of the modules on the car.

Since people have mentioned about customising the left star button, do anyone get an issue where after some time (1-2 days or more) the settings just go back to default?

Which model do you have? (Your profile shows Driving: Not an MG). And which model year is it? (i.e. does it have a rear wiper?)

Bear in mind also that software versions in Australia are different from elsewhere (e.g. UK/EU).

Thanks for highlighting this: I joined before I got the car so will try to update. I’ve got an MG4 SE Long Range in the U.K. I think it’s referred to as a gen 2….it has got the rear wiper

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back