Quick return to CarPlay?

Complain bitterly and angrily about the missing external temperature display. Say it's a safety issue. That'll do it.
Yes, that is something which I am missing. I did get a message on Saturday warning of possible ice so I guessed that there is a sensor. I’d better find a local MG dealer to have the conversation with about s/w update. I was a little disappointed that my new MG4 is only at version 21 when I see v33 mentioned here…gives me the impression that there have been a lot of updates, presumably over a period of a year or so.

My car came on R13 and is still there, although R16 was available at the time I got it. R13 has the external temperature display. It disappeared on R16 and was not restored on R21. I have no idea what good R16 or R21 did to anyone.

However, R33 fixes a hell of a lot of irritating bugs and restores the external temperature display. You want it. The external temperature display is the obvious thing to complain about to get it.

When connected to CarPlay, if I press the phone button on the right side of the steering wheel, it opens CarPlay and takes me to the Phone App. So I use this as a shortcut to get back into CarPlay.

IMG_1788.jpeg

Since people have mentioned about customising the left star button, do anyone get an issue where after some time (1-2 days or more) the settings just go back to default?
R46 fixes that, if you have R46 already, ask the dealer to re-install it - that’s a known glitch in some uploads of R46 but doesn’t happen to all cars. Mine arrived with R46 and they cured it that way after asking MG support.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back