Quiet "Snoring" Noise in the Cabin

applestrudel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello fellow MG ZS EV owners,

First-time poster here! I recently noticed that my MG emits a very faint "snoring" noise in the cabin from time to time. It's not a nuisance, but I wonder whether that's the battery cooling in action. Does anyone know what that is? Thank you and Happy Easter!

Best,
Strudel

Happy Easter! I’m sure that you’ll get some good responses from the characters on here!

I suppose right behind the steering column (RHD)
Ok, that could possibly be either the shroud rubbing on the back of the steering wheel or the carpet rubbing on the bottom of the steering shaft. I think both have been mentioned on here before.

Hello fellow MG ZS EV owners,

First-time poster here! I recently noticed that my MG emits a very faint "snoring" noise in the cabin from time to time. It's not a nuisance, but I wonder whether that's the battery cooling in action. Does anyone know what that is? Thank you and Happy Easter!

Best,
Strudel
I wonder if its the MG auto Pilot. I experience similar occasional sound and put it down to the system checking surroundings and has picked something up,but not sufficient enough to alert you or apply the auto brake. Maybe turn it all off and see if it still does it

It’s not the brake pump lightly apply emergency braking is it? That makes a sort of purring sound.

So do I when the wife's driving! 😂

Sorry, but I thought I'd get in a response quickly to be the first with this!

Cheers

Bloggsy
I like to close my eye's when the wife is driving, but not for sleeping purposes !.
My legs are locked solid rigged and my feet are almost pushing two deep impressions in the carpet - yeah !.
Sorry, but if it's a short "Thraping" noise, its the car charging brake accumulator.

Last edited:
Sorry, but if it's a short "Thraping" noise, its the car charging brake accumulator.

That noise in my car is definitely NOT the charging brake accumulator and usually happens after a large helping of cabbage or brussels sprouts! 😂 😂 😂

Sorry appelstrudel, I don't mean to hijack your thread but I can't help it! I'll put my sensible head on - shortly - maybe! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom