MG4cherry

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
Today my Trophy went into MG Perth. First, I have to applaud them for excellent service.:).

My problems with the car were:

LKA snatching violently. Sorted.
Android Auto dropping off - Sorted
How to update the navigation?

I no longer have the LKA option at all. I have "Lane change assistance" which defaults to off. (Can't remember how this was previously)
When operating the push buttons for the heater controls a new and clearer Climate Control screen drops down.
I was told that the R46 update included mapping update. There doesn't appear to be a reference date on the system screen anymore, it was 2022.
The front parking camera comes on now, it was intermittent.
There may be other improvements which I have not noticed yet

Door handle tiny unlock button not working - new handle ordered.

So, to sum up. Happy with the work carried out

Lane change assistance was available on R40 together with LKA. Remember that the Lane Keep Assist option may only be shown when the car is in 'ready' mode..

Lane change assistance was available on R40 together with LKA. Remember that the Lane Keep Assist option may only be shown when the car is in 'ready' mode..

Grriff, you are correct, I mustn't have got it into "Ready" mode. It's still there!

Is there any chance that my miles per kw has improved since R46? Very strange but this morning it has improved from just above 2 to 3.5 even though it's still only 2º!

Other good news since R46. Outside temperature now appears on the top bar when on Android Auto, it was missing before.

Last edited:
It appears because the top bar is now that of the MG screen, and not that of Android Auto. ;)

(AA screen seems to have lost the weather indication that it used to have before the Coolwalk update).

Well, I have MG HS Phev, 2022... Is possible to check the software version in my car?
You might get the answer if you post your question on the PHEV forum as that's where all the appropriate experts hide 😁

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back