Radio didn't turn off when locked.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Strange behaviour today from the radio and the first time this has happened.
Firstly the infotainment system rebooted as I was driving along, the radio was still playing while it was rebooting.
Next, when I arrived at my destination I locked the car and the radio kept playing when I locked and shut down the car. I didn't have time to wait for it so I left it playing (after restarting the car and turning it off again).
When I came back 30 minutes later the radio was off, I assumed it probably shut off after 10 minutes to save the battery. It was fine on the way back and shut off when I locked it.
The strangest coincidence is that this rebooting occurred exactly in the same location as my Gen 1 ZS did a year ago and the only time my ZS had done it even though they were prone to it (mine had the radio update).
I'm struggling to understand the randomness of this infotainment system.
Another problem is that when DAB stations disappear when I go in an underground car park, which is understandable due to reception, they don't come back when I emerge and remain unavailable until the next start up.

It happens with any operating systems, to cold reboot turn on the car fully, long press the home button until the screen goes blank then release, this should reboot and clear any boot errors.

Don't know your infotainment version but that would be the first thing to update I think.
Trophy R33.

It happens with any operating systems, to cold reboot turn on the car fully, long press the home button until the screen goes blank then release, this should reboot and clear any boot errors.
It sorts itself out on the next restart anyway, having to mess about with rebooting while I'm driving is not very safe.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back