• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Radio Initialisation Files

GRFL

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi,

Has anyone got an MG5 radio initialisation file?

I may have cleared my settings 😅

Thanks.

What do you mean?
You need the firmware?
I hit the update dab setting, it asked for a file and the radio tab just says initialising module. Do you think a factory reset will sort. I'm not sure if resetting will revert to its Chinese settings.

I hit the update dab setting, it asked for a file and the radio tab just says initialising module. Do you think a factory reset will sort. I'm not sure if resetting will revert to its Chinese settings.
Try doing a search on this forum

Hi,

Has anyone got an MG5 radio initialisation file?

I may have cleared my settings 😅

Thanks.
I tried to update the sat nav, ended up clicking the wrong icon and wiped my radio files. Took it MG and they told me they had to order new DAB radio module (back fo the glove box I believe). Just fitted this morning after two-month wait!

Factory reset will not work. Apparently, the DAB radio files only come with a new DAB module and cannot be uploaded by the dealership!

If you wipe the files you can't get them back but if you update them it works fine, is that correct?
I had the radio module disconnected up the other day just before it went in for an update (which apparently they don't do anymore) and all they did was disconnect the battery?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom