Radio not working MG4 SR

Gazzagaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone help, radio is there on the info system, but does not play. Volume right up, it changes stations, tried a reset holding the home button down for 10 seconds, restarts but still no radio. Both DAB & FM, any ideas would be appreciated

When you change the volume what does it say above the volume bar?

Have you got your phone connected either by Bluetooth or by USB?

Yes, I had exactly that. What cured it for me is disconnecting the 12v battery, leave it for 15 minutes then reconnect it. Hey presto sound again

When you change the volume what does it say above the volume bar?

Have you got your phone connected either by Bluetooth or by USB?

Attachments

• 20230803_184922.jpg
    20230803_184922.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 101
A side effect is errors pop up afterwards. But will clear themselves after driving about a bit. The only ones that need your attention are re-initialising the windows. Thats simply winding a window down and holding the switch down for 5 seconds, then wind it up and hold the switch up for 5 seconds. Repeat for all windows

Someone on FB has said moving the steering fully left and right a couple of times also removes the error messages.

It looks like a pause icon beside the radio station on the display. Have you tried pressing the Function Adjustment Button on the steering wheel as this should mute/unmute the volume (i.e. the same button that if you push up/down it increases/decreases the volume).

It looks like a pause icon beside the radio station on the display. Have you tried pressing the Function Adjustment Button on the steering wheel as this should mute/unmute the volume (i.e. the same button that if you push up/down it increases/decreases the volume).
Thanks, ill give it a go in the morning

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel