Radio stuck for days

ChrisVanRock

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
72925EEB-C145-4A59-9F3B-1877F147406C.jpeg

Can anyone advise .. stuck for days

Have you tried to reboot the radio? Hold down the home button for 10 seconds to reboot the infotainment system, the screen goes completely off and the MG logo comes up again.

Yes done that … seen the older threads … looks like I brave a 12v disconnection or go dealer .. but the dealer is always a hassle

Hi chrisvanrock, can you please advise us what the car is, even your Avatar says not an MG, so sorry without knowing what the car is members are guessing and you could well get some wrong advice I’m sorry to say.
Les

My guess is gen1🤔
Yep - looking like a Gen1 ZS EV to me also !.
I would carry out the 12 volt disconnect without fail !.
Disconnect the negative terminal from the 12 volt battery, wait about 15 - 20 minutes, then reconnect the lead, using a 10mm spanner.
If this does not rectify the problem, then you are ringing the dealer.

The red one not my other TF
I like the TF Chris, and thank you for understanding, now also when you have 5 minutes spare, please do correct you Avatar its helpful for others yeh, so now we know what we are looking a MK1 ZSev, you say you have tried the re boot, if so the only thing left is the 12volt battery disconnect, Lovemyev as described above what you need to do if you do do it.
Im not saying this is the right thing to be doing so I take no responsibility if something goes wrong, but can’t see why it should, loads of members here and on other sites have done this, I did it myself on a neighbours MG5, even the breakdown services use this method to try and correct faults at the roadside, be for calling for a low loader to drag you away, other than that Chris its dealer time I’m afraid to say, it’s hassle with the dealer you said, don’t know why it should be for something like this, but remember Chris you don’t have to use the dealer you got the car from, I don’t so don’t be afraid go elsewhere to a different MG garage / dealership.

Now just in case when you did a reboot the it didn’t work it is important the correct method is used which is, press and hold the large / volume button in the centre of the infotainment sytem IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP IT FULLY PRESSED IN, until the MG logo comes back on the screen only then let it go. Good luck and keep us updated please.
Les.

Didn't someone unplug, leave unplugged for a minute then plug back in, the connectors on the radio module behind the glove box on another thread ?

I like the TF Chris, and thank you for understanding, now also when you have 5 minutes spare, please do correct you Avatar its helpful for others yeh, so now we know what we are looking a MK1 ZSev, you say you have tried the re boot, if so the only thing left is the 12volt battery disconnect, Lovemyev as described above what you need to do if you do do it.
Im not saying this is the right thing to be doing so I take no responsibility if something goes wrong, but can’t see why it should, loads of members here and on other sites have done this, I did it myself on a neighbours MG5, even the breakdown services use this method to try and correct faults at the roadside, be for calling for a low loader to drag you away, other than that Chris its dealer time I’m afraid to say, it’s hassle with the dealer you said, don’t know why it should be for something like this, but remember Chris you don’t have to use the dealer you got the car from, I don’t so don’t be afraid go elsewhere to a different MG garage / dealership.

Now just in case when you did a reboot the it didn’t work it is important the correct method is used which is, press and hold the large / volume button in the centre of the infotainment sytem IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP IT FULLY PRESSED IN, until the MG logo comes back on the screen only then let it go. Good luck and keep us updated please.
Les.
Hi Les … thanks for the help ( love you on the forum videos btw ) …. Ok I unplugged the module connector behind the glovebox and reconnected after 10 seconds … it works a treat now 🙏✊

Last edited:
Glad you got that sorted Chris, I didn’t know about that plug first time I have seen that video, so many thanks to who ever posted it, really it’s doing the same thing as the battery disconnect by removing the power from the infotainment system so it works in the same way really but sorted now enjoy.
I can see you have also update your Avatar nice one thank you.
Les

Last edited:
Anyone Know

1)if this works on MG5
2)if the radio module is in the same place
3)How to get the glove box out. It is NOT the same as the video

Thanks people

Anyone Know

1)if this works on MG5
2)if the radio module is in the same place
3)How to get the glove box out. It is NOT the same as the video

Thanks people
Try the 12 volt disconnect, leave 15 mins and reconnect.
It works on the same principle as disconnecting the radio module.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom