OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
France is currently installing DAB+ radio stations onto its system , I cannot pick up any of these because or one of two reasons, 1 the stations are late and not yet up and running, or the car only picks up DAB stations and not DAB+ , I get FM fine. The manual is not clear on which system it picks up and we do not have any other DAB radios in the house. So, question , is the MG4 compatible with DAB+. and what is the solution if any.

I've just had a look in "the folder" where I keep all the car's paperwork including the specs from when the car was first released and yes it does say DAB+

Cheers, thats reassuring, the French DAB + sites I,ve been looking at say ( coming soon ) but these are webpages dated 2021. Apparently major cities have available channels but it seems its not yet countrywide.

Quite possibly true, but if MG are going to sell in various countries then the hardware/ software should be compatible for each market, you would expect.

I may be wrong but I thought DAB standards varied by country. So if DAB+ works in the UK, it is not a given that it will work overseas.
That's probably why mine is rubbish in the uk, it's probably a european version. :(

Here in norfolk DAB is quite flakey, the closer I get to the coast the worse it gets. Yesterday near Holt I had to go back to FM as poor reception, then driving through tree lined roads the lights came on and the radio switched to DAB! even though there was no reception, but this only happened when on the radio screen, on the Home Screen all was normal.

I have the same issue, FM is always switching back to DAB.

Shorting or disconnecting the DAB antenna in the DAB module will probably generate some warning though so we need to find a smarter solution than that. Any RF guys here that could assist in that?

Goal : disable any DAB reception (non destruct) so we stick to FM only

I have the same issue, FM is always switching back to DAB.

Shorting or disconnecting the DAB antenna in the DAB module will probably generate some warning though so we need to find a smarter solution than that. Any RF guys here that could assist in that?

Goal : disable any DAB reception (non destruct) so we stick to FM only
Try selecting either dark or light mode for the screen, other people have reported odd issues when the screen is in auto mode. I don't tend to leave the screen on radio, so not really an issue although I will try my solution next time I'm in the area around Holt.

My previous Golf switched fairly seamlessly (with the encoding delay in DAB of course) between FM and DAB for national stations as reception varied. Does the MG do that? I think it may as I've heard repeated sections of audio now and then.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back