Range

Thats great Predicted range. What do you mean battery reboot? What is your fully charged voltage showing with everything switched off? Is the 197miles with heater off or on? What’s your average mpk showing? 🙂 I typically show full charge around 140 miles with 455v in normal mode with heater and accessories turned off. I average around 3.2mpk to 4.0mpk depending on weather/driving.

Predicted range will increase with the warmer weather as the average GOM as in miles per KWh will increase, reset the accumulated miles and you’ll see it drop back down.

I’ve noticed that over the last week my accumulated mpk has gone up to 3.8 (350 miles travelled since reset) but my predicted range hasn’t really changed. Is this normal?

I’ve noticed that over the last week my accumulated mpk has gone up to 3.8 (350 miles travelled since reset) but my predicted range hasn’t really changed. Is this normal?
Normally it will increase when you predicted range goes up, tell tail sign is turn car on and then look at your range, while on reset your accumulated totals and see if your predicted range drops back to the standard setting.

Normally it will increase when you predicted range goes up, tell tail sign is turn car on and then look at your range, while on reset your accumulated totals and see if your predicted range drops back to the standard setting.
Great - thanks. So a full charge then switch on - heater etc off - then reset long term trip and see what predicted range says - should this be 163 miles in Eco?

Great - thanks. So a full charge then switch on - heater etc off - then reset long term trip and see what predicted range says - should this be 163 miles in Eco?
I would think 163 in Normal, a bit more in Eco.

To add my confirmation (when reset). It is 163 miles in Normal - the default when you switch the car on, not in Eco - that is higher.

Thanks. I fully charged my car just and got 455v 153 in normal and 169 in eco. Zeroing the long range trip didnt change the numbers.

Attachments

• 972D565E-9CF6-4A73-BEB3-C7A8E74BF8D7.jpeg
    972D565E-9CF6-4A73-BEB3-C7A8E74BF8D7.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 9EB2290D-BA36-44C8-8458-48165F216A4F.jpeg
    9EB2290D-BA36-44C8-8458-48165F216A4F.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 115
But your figures are about right anyway and so resetting the mileage totals wouldn’t make a massive difference.

After the software updates and a battery re-boot in recent weeks after 6 charges this morning in eco shows 197 mile range - much much more than the 129 in the very cold weather and before battery re-boot - wonder if anyone else is reporting battery recovery !!!
I have not yet been in for the first service / software update but this morning my range was reading 196 miles in Eco mode. Usually about 147 in the current weather conditions. Still unsure if this is a fault but will find out when I go home this evening from work.

I complained over the last 5 months about range - so much so that MG paid for my first years service - they had car in for data info and it was decided that a complete battery re-boot was necessary - this came down from MG HQ to dealer - once this was done they assured me that after a few charging cycles the range would improve - delighted to say it really really has. - hence my posting of 197 miles on eco this morning !!!

Thanks. I fully charged my car just and got 455v 153 in normal and 169 in eco. Zeroing the long range trip didnt change the numbers.
That is very odd that you're not getting 163 in normal(3) with the accumulated trip reset.
Did you def check it after a def 100% charge?

Have you got OBD2 access to read the cars data? I wonder if your State of Health is less than 100% and that's why you've got less milage. Would be very interesting to find out.

I complained over the last 5 months about range - so much so that MG paid for my first years service - they had car in for data info and it was decided that a complete battery re-boot was necessary - this came down from MG HQ to dealer - once this was done they assured me that after a few charging cycles the range would improve - delighted to say it really really has. - hence my posting of 197 miles on eco this morning !!!
You've been having a few battery/range issues haven't you.
Do I recall correctly that you had the dodgy BMS at some point so your car needed to go through all the recovery recharge cycles?
Are you at the full 449-450V after a full AC charge now.
You do need to reset the accumulated trip to get a comparable range reading otherwise it's pretty meaningless as the range is purely down to your recent driving data.

I got 148 miles in normal (455v) last time I charged it a couple of weeks ago, just before the warmer weather, without resetting anything. My accumulated total m/kWh now is 3.2, it was 3.9 when I got it and it used to show 163 miles range in normal when charged then.

That is very odd that you're not getting 163 in normal(3) with the accumulated trip reset.

Have you got OBD2 access to read the cars data? I wonder if your State of Health is less than 100% and that's why you've got less milage. Would be very interesting to find out.

My numbers are the same as Cocijo - I've reset after each trip and charged to 100% and found a GOM reading of 153 miles with 455 - 457V in Normal mode.

I've started recording screenshots of my battery's data from the app and it's showing me as 100% SOH. It may be down to my BMS (I've got the June 2020 version)?

Cheers

Bloggsy

I didn’t think obd2 access was available for ios and i don’t use android - is that correct - I’d be happy to get/read the data? Wouldn’t any degrad also show in fully charged voltage Drop? It was definitely 100% and balanced.

My numbers are the same as Cocijo - I've reset after each trip and charged to 100% and found a GOM reading of 153 miles with 455 - 457V in Normal mode.

I've started recording screenshots of my battery's data from the app and it's showing me as 100% SOH. It may be down to my BMS (I've got the June 2020 version)?

Cheers

Bloggsy
That's very odd, I didn't think it mattered what BMS version it was on but that it always showed the official WLTP 163 miles on the GOM after a reset, obviously not then!

I have noticed that the 163mile figure (usually) shown after a full charge and reset cannot really be a true calculated range. I've been logging all my figures after each definite full charge for a while now and, the total voltage varies by around 1.5V and the SoC varies by around 1.5%, yet it ALWAYS shows 163 miles - so it doesn't really care what's available in the battery it's working on the basis that if it's "100% charged" and reset I'm going to show the range as the WLPT 163 miles....

I didn’t think obd2 access was available for ios and i don’t use android - is that correct - I’d be happy to get/read the data? Wouldn’t any degrad also show in fully charged voltage Drop? It was definitely 100% and balanced.
I'm trying to get an iOS app reading the data, will let you know if I do. The thai app we've been using is android only.
Not seen enough data (yet) from people without 100% SoH to know how it affects the voltage unfortunately.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom