Rapid charger we can use

mg52021

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I got the MG5 LR a month ago. I found that some rapid chargers are not support MG5 LR. I make a listing as follow:

Chargers supported:
Pod Point 50kW
BP Pulse 50kW
Gridserve 120kw
Osprey 50kW
InstaVolt 50kW
Fastned 175kW

Member Sido information
SWARCO
Geniepoint

Member Jomarkh information
Shell
Mer

Chargers not supported:
InstaVolt 120Kw

Last edited:
You might find that older chargers will have problems with your car but in general (I think) the instavolt ones are newish.

On my 2021 MG 5 SR, I have used InstaVolt rapid charger using credit card three times now without the slightest hitch. i have also used SWARCO and Geniepoint which aren’t on your “ supported” list.

I have had no issues with Instavolt and also used Shell and Mer which are not on your list 😁

On my 2021 MG 5 SR, I have used InstaVolt rapid charger using credit card three times now without the slightest hitch. i have also used SWARCO and Geniepoint which aren’t on your “ supported” list.
I have had no issues with Instavolt and also used Shell and Mer which are not on your list 😁
Thank you for your information. I have updated my list

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used another Instavolt charger today but still no luck to charge. I have used Osprey to charge it successfully.

We only can use Instavolt 50kW rapid charger?
You can use any Instavolt, the car will govern how much it takes.

How are you operating it, are you using the app or contactless? Follow the instructions on the charger or the app.

Pretty much same as all other rapids, turn car off, plug in, start charge with app or wave your card..........and wait............until it completes the handshake and commences.

You can use any Instavolt, the car will govern how much it takes.

How are you operating it, are you using the app or contactless? Follow the instructions on the charger or the app.

Pretty much same as all other rapids, turn car off, plug in, start charge with app or wave your card..........and wait............until it completes the handshake and commences.

If I use the instavolt 120Kw, the charger will start to charge. But, after a while, the charger will stop to charge.

If I use the instavolt 120Kw, the charger will start to charge. But, after a while, the charger will stop to charge.
What is your state of charge %age (SOC) when you start, what is it when it stops ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom