Rapid Charging Network on Motorways still a challenge.

The gridserve map on their website - The GRIDSERVE Electric Highway | Live Map would be an ideal place to indicate which chargers are currently enabled for dual charging. Unfortunately the map and charger status is highly confusing. This is Mollies of Bristol current status. It's incredibly difficult to work out just how many chargers are actually in use when it states CCS 2/5 and Chademo 1/1. This probably means that there are 3 dual chargers with every one occupied by 1 car. The zapmap app is less confusing but not all of the gridserver chargers are on zapmap.

Had over 5 years of ev driving Leaf 30. Many trips of 500 mile. To be honest chargers have improved regards number but preference has become the norm. I never use EH after initial poor experience favourite is Instavolt and tend to divert away from motorway network and use A roads were insta's are more prevalent. Starbucks and Bannatyne are very good enough time to top up car and self in pleasant surroundings. looking forward to 200 plus mileage from my new MGZS EV more bladder anxiety than range anxiety.

Hi today on my 200 plus mile journey south I stopped at Hilton park service’s on the M6, been there before without any issues there are two rapid chargers one is CCS and Chadamo unit, which was being used by a Zoe, the other one has two CCS plugs, so l park and plug in no problem charging away in seconds it was great.
After about 15/20 minutes a Kia ev6 ( very nice motor) is reversing along side of me to use the other CCS plug on the same charger as me, a very nice young lady ( very nice ) gets out of the Kia and plugs in taps her card and nothing is working for her, she tried unplugging and stated again still nothing she as a good look at my car which is still charging anyhow I get out to see if I can help and on the screen it says something like awaiting power, so she now calls the number on the charger which is Gridserve and after 1/2 minutes she is speaking to some one a person from Gridserve tells her that because there is a vehicle already charging on that unit ( mine ) she would after wait as you can only charge one vehicle at a time, we both stood there in amazement, anyhow by this time my car was at 81% so I unplugged and sure enough the lady place her card on the reader and it started to charge her car without further problems.
As anyone else experience this with a Gridserve charger the only other time I have had anything like this was a few weeks back at Rubgy Moto/ Gridserve services when I was charging and another car came along side and plugged into the same unit as me and the charge rate dropped from 48 to 30 kWh but we where both charging.
I sincerely hope this is a one off as what’s the point of having two cables and plugs if you can only use them one at a time, when I get the chance I am going to call Gridserve and ask the question.
So as I said above anybody had this king of thing happen on their travels
Les
Gridserve at Ikea Milton Keynes is the same.

Hi guys now we know what’s going on at Gridserve see their reply to my e-mail #19
So after receiving that I wrote back to thank them and ask if could let me know when the problem gets sorted so I can inform the forum got this reply below.
Les.

Hi Les,

Thank you for your warm words.
We have added you to our contact list and will be sure to let you know as soon as Dual Charging is enabled across the network.

We also recommend you follow our social channels for all our exciting GRIDSERVE updates:

Twitter | @GRIDSERVE_HQ

Twitter | @elechighway

GRIDSERVE | Newsroom

Thank you for your support and please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about the GRIDSERVE Electric Highway.

Warm regards,

Yanka | Customer Service Team | GRIDSERVE®
e: [email protected] | t: +44 333 1234 333

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom