• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Rapid Charging

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. I just tried my first rapid charge at the Gridserve 350kW chargers at Burton in Kendal services. It was a dismal failure. Pulled up in front of the charger and read the "instructions". 1. plug in the car, 2. present payment card, 3. start the charge. First charger failed, could not communicate with the car, charger then sent error report, same with the second charger I tried. Do I have to disable schedule charging or press charge car on the car screen or do something else.

If you have the car set to charge at some timerange and you are outside of that range, it will not start charging.

I set my car to charge while not at home, in the daytime, when my solar system was ready to deliver and the next time i wanted to charge it did not want to start charging, so i looked a bit at it, and found that it was still set to charge at that previous time, so when i wanted it to start, it just accepted it and then sat there waiting for the time to be right.

Deleted the charge time, and retried, and it fired right up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom