Rattle under boot floor

Maggieroth

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have a regular rattle/clunk from under boot floor (?). Sounds like something small under there which is loose and free to roll about. This is not in the boot or its underfloor and inaccessible.

Does anyone know how to access the cavity under there?

Hi. There is a rattle sound that annoys me so much. I don't know where it came from. It's not coming from the driver level. I think it's coming from the boot. There is no sound on flat surfaces. It comes when the road is a little rough. There is no sound at low speeds. I can't tell anyone that there is a rattle in my brand new car. I'll post it here when someone sits in the car to find the rattle with me. But I wonder what you think.

A rattle / clunk from the tailgate is common on these cars, might be worth checking that first.
Wrap some electrical tape around the metal loop that the hatch latches to, also, adjusting the rubber bump stops on the side of the hatch opening can help.

Getting the car up on ramps and dropping the rear undertray will give open access to the area under the boot but I don't think anyone has reported rattles from that area to date 🤔

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back