Read my charging with obd2 and 4g sim

Hage52

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I noticed there are OBD2 cartidges with a 4g sim card in them and also with diagnostic, should it then be possible to charge my car and while i am away i can check if it is fully charged? in some countries it is not allowed to let you car be on a charger when it is full, but with the EHS it cannot be checked, only when you go to your car and see if it is full....i think it would be possible, what do you think?

No. The MG eHS has an alarm system that will trigger if any request is sent to the ODB2 port when the car is locked. If you leave your car charging with the ODB2 cartridge plugged in the alarm will trigger as soon as you go away from the car and lock it. I think that even if you leave it unlocked after some time the car enters sleep mode and the alarm gets triggered.

Well it is a bummer that there is no way to check if the car is fully charged whitout going to the car, i just read that in austria you get a ticket for hanging to long on the charger when the car is full. blocking costs it is about 7,20 euros per hour that's is a lot of money.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom