Ready or not ?

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I noticed that when I start the car and press the brake to get into ready mode, if I get out of the car faffing about for a while the "READY" indicator on the screen is no longer there when I get back in. Is the car still in ready mode or has it dropped back to accessory mode ?
The reason I ask is, say someone had a flat 12v and boosted the car to get it going then got out of the car leaving it in ready mode to boost the 12v, would it actually be boosting the 12v ?

IMG_4551.jpeg

Watching đź‘€

I'd say not ready. Beacuse when you get back in and press the brake pedal the Ready message comes up again - and LKA etc reset.

... But I'll check it later and see what the battery voltage does when you get out ...

The reason I ask is, say someone had a flat 12v and boosted the car to get it going then got out of the car leaving it in ready mode to boost the 12v, would it actually be boosting the 12v ?
In that scenario because the car has been "woken up" the main battery will now be charging the 12v battery so even if you got out to disconnect the booster battery the 12v battery would still be being charged up.

and...

The 12V battery is charging as soon as you unlock. If you "ready" the car then get out it continues to charge the 12V. Only when I locked the car did the voltage drop below 13.9V.

and...

The 12V battery is charging as soon as you unlock. If you "ready" the car then get out it continues to charge the 12V. Only when I locked the car did the voltage drop below 13.9V.
Good point about the voltage, never thought to check that. (y)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back