Rear hatchback self unlocking

beej

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Has anyone had their hatchback "popping" unlocked at strange times - like getting out of the car or unlocking to disconnect the power cable?
Also, has anyone had the rear camera replaced due to its clouding over?
Had my HS PHEV Exclusive for just over two years.

If my key is not in a pouch the tail gate can open as the key can be pressed in your pocket.
The rear camera gets dirty in bad weather and needs cleaning often.

Upvote 0
The tailgate opens regardless of where the fob is. It also clicks open when held in the hand, without touching any button.
With regard to the rear camera, the car has been inspected (I know how to wash a car) and been found defective. A new one is on order and in the fullness of time, it may arrive in this country. I am told by Nathanial MG, of Bridgend, that MG spares are taking a long time to get here.

Upvote 0
I had my rear camera replaced some months ago when the car was just under 1 year old. Initially it went 'cloudy', then everything was cloudy and bright pink!

Needed two trips to the dealer.

One for 'diagnosis' (a two minute look and being told that the camera was faulty). Worth the 20+ mile trip each way to get an 'expert' opinion...

The second for replacement.

At the 1 year service a month later, I had to get them to recalabrate the system again as after replacing the camera, the 360 degree camera images didn't line up properly. You do wonder who trains the techs.

The good news was that the replacement part at that time (about 6 months ago) arrived at the dealer in about a week.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom