Rear HS PHEV number plate

MGrover

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I had a bespoke number plate made a little wider than the std plate and requested a lip on the bottom with wording of your choice...dimensions on photo its just enough to cover the top/bottom holes without looking like a larger plate...stuck back on with plate stickers...not cheap but looks far far better.

Attachments

• MG HS NuPlate.jpg
    MG HS NuPlate.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 234
  • MG Template.jpg
    MG Template.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 208
Hope you are using this if showing the car off the road. I do believe any other than standard size is a £100 fine and 6 points on you license.

Hope you are using this if showing the car off the road. I do believe any other than standard size is a £100 fine and 6 points on you license.
Thank you for your concern & warning...I have forwarded your comments to the plate manufacturer who are a DVLA Authorised Licence plate supplier. This is very concerning that they may have manufactured and supplied to me non road legal Licence Plates and non compliant with The Road Vehicles Display of Registration Marks (Amendment) Regulations 2009 and the fact that they also issued a Certificate Declaration of Legality & Compliance meeting (BS AU 145e) standards.
thank you for letting me know.
p.s . no the plates were purchased for on road use.

I received a reply from the Plate manufacturer who wasn't that pleased that i questioned their Plate authenticity and Certificate of Compliance ! regarding the above and road legality, i also checked in with my local MOT station who confirmed as Alb stated on his reply the sizing of the plate isn't standardised, only the size and spacing of the registration mark itself. This plate is Road Legal.
But thanks again for your concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bespoke number plate made a little wider than the std plate and requested a lip on the bottom with wording of your choice...dimensions on photo its just enough to cover the top/bottom holes without looking like a larger plate...stuck back on with plate stickers...not cheap but looks far far better.
Where did you get this made? Looks great

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom