Rear Interior lights

I did wonder if you could wire something in parallel to the from lights

Unfortunately due to ours being PCP looks like we will be stuck with the push rechargable ones from AliExpress

Just search the MG4 board ... several people have fitted battery-powered rear lights. And also replaced the front courtesy lights with LED lights (which helps with overall illumination). And also fitted floor-level "mood" lighting for the front and rear footwells.

I bought this https://amzn.eu/d/eTo97XX
20230403_202906.jpg

Does the job well for £12.

These give a lift in "ambience" in the car.

App to set whatever colour you want.
Less than £14 on Amazon if I recall.

If I was doing it again, I would replicate in the rear, how I attached the front footwell lights.

20231115_202422.jpg

20231115_202653.jpg

1,Clean the area where you want to fit the light with some isopropol alcohol (or similar) then make sure it is dry.

2, Apply a fresh piece of tape to the light fitting. Use 5952 (Best for mismatched surfaces)

3, Warm the tape and the area you are fitting the light with a hairdryer.

4, Firmly hold the fitting in place for at least a minute.

5, Wait 24hrs before adding the light itself.

6, If that doesn't work, contact me and I will eat my hat. 👍

1,Clean the area where you want to fit the light with some isopropol alcohol (or similar) then make sure it is dry.

2, Apply a fresh piece of tape to the light fitting. Use 5952 (Best for mismatched surfaces)

3, Warm the tape and the area you are fitting the light with a hairdryer.

4, Firmly hold the fitting in place for at least a minute.

5, Wait 24hrs before adding the light itself.

6, If that doesn't work, contact me and I will eat my hat. 👍
At the ready. 🎩 Seriously though that should work. It's good stuff. 🙂👍

Just surprised that's all - it wouldn't have been in my thoughts to use that substance on fabric. 🤷‍♂️

Just surprised that's all - it wouldn't have been in my thoughts to use that substance on fabric. 🤷‍♂️
O,OK.
I thought you were "having a go" 👍🤣

You (as you know) need your surfaces scrupulously clean, especially with surfaces that are porous.

The alcohol achieves this and evaporates after a few minutes.

Never failed to bond anything on my cars given the preparation is correct and thorough.

One of the most important steps is the 24 hour wait before applying any sort of load.

20240112_113935.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom