Rear sensor blocked

abi c

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all

Picked up the new mg hs yesterday. Today driving down a country road, I had a message come up ‘rear driving assist sensor blocked’

I’ve got home and checked, the car isn’t particularly dirty and I can’t see the sensor could be blocked. Is this likely to be a sensor fault?

Did you clean the camera at the back of the car, you will get similar for the front on frosty days.

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue on mine when driving every day it comes on and clears the next morning. Down country lanes and also got it on dual carriageway.What the hell is it?
Solved! Not a fault. Just some lanes are too narrow for the sensor. Can be disabled too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all

Picked up the new mg hs yesterday. Today driving down a country road, I had a message come up ‘rear driving assist sensor blocked’

I’ve got home and checked, the car isn’t particularly dirty and I can’t see the sensor could be blocked. Is this likely to be a sensor fault?
I picked up my new MG HS 4 weeks ago and within 10mins of driving it down the road I had the same massage. It clears around 10mins each time and comes up sporadically on some longer journeys. The fault clears each time on the system after 10mins. Took it to the garage and they just said no fault found after doing a diagnostic test. They have sent a report to MG thinking it might be a software issue.

Upvote 0
Do not worry! That is normal due to hedges, buildings or narrow english lanes. Thing is that will reset and is not a fault, even if it looks like a fault. Sensor sends signals that is too far and wide for some of the narrow english lanes. Just ignore or disable it in settings, like I did as well as annoying MG pilot, and many selfdrive features. I would like to disable start stop, auto locking and TSR as it blinks too much with speed signs. This car is using far too much sensors and too much automation. Just disable whatever you can and you will get to a usable level and a good car.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom