Recall MG EHS PHEV

MCS68

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello MG EHS PHEV owners, I just got a call from my dealer Van Mossel Amsterdam for a recall for the car. I asked them what kind of Recall and they said a software update. So coming Tuesday i get my car over there and i hope they tell me what kind of software update it is? So for further news i let you know after Tuesday!@

Greeting Micha

My dealer (Germany) told me that mine had just been updated before I picked it up 2 weeks ago. I'll be following your post with interest.

I have had my car from mid July will you let us all know what the update is.

Hallo Micha,
I too received a call from van Mossel, my MG dealer, requesting me to bring the car for a computer update. Appointment is on the 13th of Sept.
When I asked what this update would do for me, the receptionist did not know exactly, but she made it sound like it would be a very necessary update and afterwards the car would perform better.

I will be very interested in what this update entails. Hopefully, if anything, it from then on prevents the screen from going black from time to time. Strange, as by pressing a few butons, it comes back again. But in the mean time I may loose my way as I am may miss essential navigation info at a crucial moment..., for example

Hello MG EHS PHEV owners, I just got a call from my dealer Van Mossel Amsterdam for a recall for the car. I asked them what kind of Recall and they said a software update. So coming Tuesday i get my car over there and i hope they tell me what kind of software update it is? So for further news i let you know after Tuesday!@

Greeting Micha
Hello Micha , my appointment is Wednesday, van mossel said that so far 3 ehs have stopped. and that the update is as a precaution

Good afternoon everybody. So i've got the update on my car and what member Bonlite already said, it was an update for the battery. Because in Europe (warm parts , so UK members don't worry then ;-] ) several cars just stopped. But when i drove away and took a part motorway and reach the 80 KM/H or 50 MPH i thought the 1 second drop down of the gear was gone. But today i drove again and was not gone( Such a Shame). So i hope to inform the members and maybe the other ones with a recall can provide maybe more information!
Greetings Micha

I had my BMS update in Amsterdam on Thursday and can confirm that hat I experienced a Battery overheat shutdown shortly after receiving my car. I was trying to investigate the exact behaviour of the troublesome gear system in the EV mode. For once, I gave full throttle from 0 to 130 Km/hr on a slightly uphill motorway. Total shutdown occurred at 130 until I deselected EV and the Battery overheat warning stayed on until getting home. Did not think this was a big issue under these circumstances. I am not going to see if this issue is fixed now🙂

I popped over to Chorley MG on 28th July and they did 2 updates
  • BMS Update - I knew about this
  • Hybrid gearbox update.

MG dealers can plug the car in using OBD2 port and check for updates. Entire process took 30 mins or so

Hi
how is your gearbox now, did you get the long time to change up at 30 mph has this gone.

I had the update on Monday the 13th. The receptionist at the workshop appeared not too familiar with this update but stated that it had to do with prevention of overheating. I have not had that phenomenon myself, but apparently it can happen, see Henri8 above. After the update I may, repeat: may notice that the recharging under circumstances of braking or releasing the accelerator pedal is somewhat less than it appeared before the update. Also,perhaps, the kilometers charged per kWh "administered" may have increased a little little bit (from 4.2 or 4.3 to 4.4)
I did complain about the fact that over the last 2 months my infotainment went black some three times while on the road. After pressing some buttons it came back. The receptionist claimed that there will be a next update in some 6 weeks that should address exactly that.

I did complain about the fact that over the last 2 months my infotainment went black some three times while on the road. After pressing some buttons it came back. The receptionist claimed that there will be a next update in some 6 weeks that should address exactly that.
There is already an update released for the ZS EV head unit.
MG service bulletin 0020.
Owners have been stuffing from this problem, from when the first cars where delivered to customers back in Nov 2019.
They are currently working on head unit updates for other models I believe.

I will watch this with interest as I was first owner of officially MG Dealer supplied HS PHEV Exclusive here in Malta in August.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom