• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Recall

My recall letter arrived this week (same as everyone else's, earthing problem) and will get it booked in. I'm hoping it maybe remedies the occasional "HV Battery Shut off" on starting 🤞🏼

I questioned it yesterday and it was confirmed that there is a recall. Had my phev for just over two years. I wonder when they intended contacting me?

I questioned it yesterday and it was confirmed that there is a recall. Had my phev for just over two years. I wonder when they intended contacting me?
I haven’t been contacted yet and my car is 2 months shy of 2 years. I was at the dealer today on another issue and I asked them to look at the recall as I haven’t received the letter yet. They said they will run my VIN against the recall list and it turns out mine isn’t recalled.

Most if not all the recalls I have been hearing are PHEVs within a year or thereabouts old.

Got my letter (72 plate), about a week ago. Booked in for next Friday, 31st. Advised they will need it for two hours, which seems excessive if its just tightening a bolt or screw. Will update once done.
Just updating my own post. The car went in on Friday to the local dealer. They had it just over an hour before I went to collect it. They just told me the recall was done. What was actually done (if anything?), I have no idea.

Now this is really interesting. I drive a MG Marvel R, not MG HS, but my car just returned from the dealership after they fixed an issue with my stereo. They told me there was an issue with the earthing that caused it to malfunction... and now I see this topic about a earthing issue recall on the MG HS. No word about recall though. Did they possibly make the same mistake in the Marvel R as well? Time will tell...

We had first service on our PHEV and asked any software updates. Told no. Strange as the infotainment was going even slower than normal when we got it back. Then 2 days later it went dark and re-booted of it’s own accord as we approached a roundabout, not good as we didn’t know the area and was following the Sat-Nav (also the indicators stopped working briefly). Saturday the service department was closed so had to wait until the Monday to “remonstrate” with service. Told, “oh ,there’s a recall, you should have a letter, involves an earth”. 2 days later we got a letter from MG. 10 days later car went in for a “modification of an earth in the passenger footwell behind glove box (40 minute, while-you-wait fix). Asked to see a picture or video of the mod, told that they are NOT allowed to divulge that information to customers, by MG Motors UK. No repeat of the problem so far, 3 days in……..
I have since been informed the modification for the earth problem. It seems the earth strap behind the glove box, in some PHEV’s, had the strap secured to the bodywork OVER some sound insulation. The mod was to remove the insulation and re-attach the earth strap and replace the glove box in situ. Also told that this is NOT responsible for the infotainment system re-booting mid journey……..

Is this link to the Australian recall?
Screenshot_20230502-175547.png

The recall is due to the possibility oF carpet being caught between the nut and ground stud for the PTC ( Positive Temperature Coefficient)heating module for the HVAC. Vibration can cause loosening of the ground wire eyelet terminal., causing overheating and possible fire. It is for models supplied between Feb. 2021 and March 2023

The recall is also here in Australia - it is for certain HS supplied between Feb 2021 and March 2023. It is due to the possibility of carpet underlay being inadvertently placed between a nut and the ground stud during the tightening of the ground cable for the PTC ( Positive Temperature Coefficient) heating module in the HVAC air conditioning system. This can lead to loosening of the ground wire eyelet terminal. This may cause overheating and a worst case situation of fire inside the vehicle.
In Australia, a total of 5,168 vehicles are potentially affected.
Estimated service correction is 30 minutes to 1 hour at no charge.

I rang today to book my car in for the fix, but they are booked solid for 4 weeks. There's only 1 MG service place in Geelong and I couldn't be bothered to drive further out just to see if I can find someone who can fix it sooner.

Hi All,

I have recently recieved a letter from MG saying they are recalling the HS PHEV due to a possible earthing issue. Does anyone have any more info on this?

I'll be hopefully taking mine in next week so I should be able to provide an update.
MG Chorley were very helpful, unlike Perrys. There is a possible earthing fault with the ground wire from the heater, Perrys wanted the car ALL day!!! Chorley MG took 15 minutes to check and give the all clear.

Hi All,

I have recently recieved a letter from MG saying they are recalling the HS PHEV due to a possible earthing issue. Does anyone have any more info on this?

I'll be hopefully taking mine in next week so I should be able to provide an update.
Received my recall letter glyn hopkins st albans called me book me in 2 days later car checked and returned 2 hours. Great service

Hi All,

Same here in west Australia.. have booked mine in for Monday week!

My dealer (FG Barnes, Canterbury) informs me 45 minute fix. Earth strap behind glove box (requires removal of glove box, then refix earth strap). IF this solves my problem of the infotainment system randomly “re-booting” mid journey (always at some inconvenient time), will be well pleased!
IT DIDN’T!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom