• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Recall

DD22

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi All,

I have recently recieved a letter from MG saying they are recalling the HS PHEV due to a possible earthing issue. Does anyone have any more info on this?

I'll be hopefully taking mine in next week so I should be able to provide an update.

It's been literally a year. It's a possible safety concern in regards to the securing of a ground wire to the body of the vehicle

I got the letter from MG. All it states is:
...a possible safety related concern on some MG HS-PHEV vehicles in regards to the securing of a ground wire to the body of the vehicle.
Probably forgot to tighten up a screw properly with a robotic screw driver.

I haven’t received any letter yet. The ones that have most/all appear to be more recent PHEV rather than the older ones?

As I currently have a stuck charge port door, I have booked the car in next week and I mentioned about the recall to the dealer and they said they will look at the car.

Rang dealer after getting recall, more than 4 weeks before they can get it in as the diagnostic or recall work must be done by a master technician. Rubbish in my view as the recall notice to the garage network will detail what is to be checked and rectified in detail any competent technician could do it. Pointed out that this was a "safety recall" fell deaf ears.

I too got this 22 plate - can’t be booked in locally until 22 May! They also can’t tell me if it is safe to drive in the meantime! They say to call head office but I just get canned music! Surely MG garage should be able to give an answer to this simple question!

My local dealer called me back to ask what the recall was and did I have a letter! According to their system my VIN shows no outstanding recalls (22 plate)

Got my letter (72 plate), about a week ago. Booked in for next Friday, 31st. Advised they will need it for two hours, which seems excessive if its just tightening a bolt or screw. Will update once done.

My dealer (FG Barnes, Canterbury) informs me 45 minute fix. Earth strap behind glove box (requires removal of glove box, then refix earth strap). IF this solves my problem of the infotainment system randomly “re-booting” mid journey (always at some inconvenient time), will be well pleased!

I had my 1st service , 23/3/22 car, with recall checked, it is an earth connection under the passenger carpet, possible sound insulation interferring with clamp, and maybe not, in my case.

Yes I have been waiting patiently for a recall letter after seeing this PHEV in Denmark....

Attachments

• HS Burnt out.jpg
    HS Burnt out.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 134
Hi All,

I have recently recieved a letter from MG saying they are recalling the HS PHEV due to a possible earthing issue. Does anyone have any more info on this?

I'll be hopefully taking mine in next week so I should be able to provide an update.
I have only just picked my HS plug in up but can’t get Dab anyone know the answer please?

The current new HS plug in have a temporary DAB aerial stuck on the windscreen with a usb cable running to the USB socket where you would normally charge a phone , to get DAB this cable needs to be plugged into usb socket . Apparently some point in the future when MG get the chips this temporary aeriaL will be resolved by the correct chip for DAB. This is what dealer told me recently.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom