Reconnecting podpoint to wifi

bowfer

Banned
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
My old school (big round) podpoint hasn’t been connected to the wifi for a few years, I was happy keeping it dumb as the timer in my Leaf was so reliable.
Unfortunately the timer in the 4 is flaky and I want to connect the podpoint to the wifi again so I can set the schedule there instead.
It’s showing the white light, I’ve tried switching it on/off at the spur, I’ve tried rebooting the router.
I just can’t get it to connect to the wifi (signal isn’t an issue in the garage)
Anyone any pointers?

It maybe worth contacting PodPoint to see if they can remotely reset it or try and factory reset it.

Are you sure you've not changed your WiFi password over the years?

I'm assuming it's a bit like configuring other devices like routers, and you need to log into it to configure it.

If so, can you use your phone or a laptop to connect to the Podpoint network, then log into the Podpoint? Probably by using 192.168.1.1. in your browser, then probably a config screen where you can re-enter the router details.

Other than that I have no idea... there are network scanning tools you could use with your phone to see if the device is live, for instance on Android you could get WiFi Analyser. If you can't see a podpoint network then it's probably broken, but that's fairly unlikely.

I can see the podpoint on my choice of wifi.
I can then get into the 192.168.1.1 website, but no choice of networks come up.
I’ll have to call podpoint I think.
Or take my chances leaving it dumb and rely on the flakey MG4 timer.

As someone said, a factory reset might do it. Something I read said to turn it off for at least 10 minutes, that should reset it and you can reconfigure the network. (apols if you've already tried this)

Good Luck!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom