Regen levl is zero

Devoniageoff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I took delivery on 31st March of a new Trophy. Since then, no regeneration has registered on the charging screen at all. It is set to Normal driving and Strong regen settings. Any ideas what has gone wrong please?

Can you feel a difference between strong regen and low regen settings when you take your foot off the accelerator and the car slows down?

It's working then. Not sure where it shows up on the MG4 but my MG5 has a needle that goes into the blue under regen.

Right hand bottom of the driver screen.
There’s the coloured circle and then a number to the left.
Foot down is 100%
Neutral throttle is 0%
Any ‘throttle on’ figure is white
Regen shows a negative figure and turns green.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.png
    IMG_4429.png
    588.6 KB · Views: 70
Hi all my MG 2022 doesn't show regen until the battery drops below 98% then it only puts in a few % regen power. Not until 95% that the regen jumps up to 15% or more, then higher after that. I think the max I have every seen is 21% regen. I have travelled over 10K in 6 months.

Hi all my MG 2022 doesn't show regen until the battery drops below 98% then it only puts in a few % regen power. Not until 95% that the regen jumps up to 15% or more, then higher after that. I think the max I have every seen is 21% regen. I have travelled over 10K in 6 months.
Completely normal. Above 85% charge has limited potential for regen. You can compare it to filling a balloon with air. When it's empty it is easier to fill it with air than when it is full.

Higher battery charge=more resistance to put more energy into it. A similar situation happens when the battery charge is below 20 percent.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back