Regen

Jamieev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
What's the most powerful regen like on the MG4? I've not had the chance to test drive yet. Currently coming from a one pedal driving Leaf

Also do you have to reset the regen everytime through the screen or will it save your setting?

Thanks

What's the most powerful regen like on the MG4? I've not had the chance to test drive yet. Currently coming from a one pedal driving Leaf

Also do you have to reset the regen everytime through the screen or will it save your setting?

Thanks
I’m not sure as I haven’t had my test drive yet either, but hopefully we can save the level of regen in the custom setting.

At the moment you cannot save your regen level, so it defaults back to level 3 each time. I would hope a software update in the future will allow saving of customised settings.

At the moment you cannot save your regen level, so it defaults back to level 3 each time. I would hope a software update in the future will allow saving of customised settings.
Can anyone comment from an MG5/ZS perspective whether you have received updates that added things like this? I hear conflicting reports.

Is regen 3 the highest level? (If I get an MG4 my preference would be for highest regen).

Thanks
I drive a BMW i3 and the regen is quite fierce on that, it is 1 pedal driving most of the time. In my 30 minute test drive of MG4 I had the regen on level 3 (the strongest) and the regen i think is just about right for me, I like strong regen most of the time. It’s not quite as strong as the i3 but actually that felt better in a way as the i3 you have to concentrate to drive smoothly, the MG4 had an excellent feel when coming off the throttle. It won’t slow you absolutely to a stop like my i3 will but you will only need light braking as you need to come to a stop. I was impressed.

Can anyone comment from an MG5/ZS perspective whether you have received updates that added things like this? I hear conflicting reports.
With my Mk1 ZS the standard setting is Normal and regen 3. There have been no updates to the software. As I drive using those two settings it has never bothered me.

I believe that the MG5 has regen 2 as the standard setting - though I may be wrong.

I drive an automatic (powershift) Ford Focus and I found the regen 3 setting was about the same as the engine braking on the Focus.
I'm wary of having an overly strong regen because it doesn't signal to the car behind that you are slowung up.

I drive an automatic (powershift) Ford Focus and I found the regen 3 setting was about the same as the engine braking on the Focus.
I'm wary of having an overly strong regen because it doesn't signal to the car behind that you are slowung up.
Hi, the MG5 had a recall to correct this and the brake lights do now come on under strong regen, and I think the same also applies to the ZS also I’m sure the MG4 will do as otherwise MG motors will be having to do a recall on that too.
Les

Last edited:
It doesn’t offer one pedal driving & doesn’t bring you to a halt but you certainly notice it after driving a conventional car….& if you’ve got a lead footed nearest & dearest who treats the accelerator as an off/on switch, you notice it as a passenger as well!😀

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back