Reinstalling ismart app

Jon65

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
What is the procedure for reinstalling the ismart app on an android phone?
Do you have to use the QR code like the first time you bind the phone to the car or is it much simpler because you already have registered and linked to the car previously.

I'm asking as the app has been saying please try again later for a day now every time I try to scan or use the battery management etc.
It has the latest update and Internet is working fine. I have tried turning the phone on and off and locking and unlocking the car as some have suggested with app problems but it makes no difference.

Until yesterday it has worked OK. Sometimes it has needed a few attempts but has worked eventually. Am I being too impatient and should leave it longer before trying a reinstall?

The link is from your car to your account, so if you reinstall or install iSmart on a different phone you just need to log in again. If it's a 2nd device it will log you out of the 1st device.
Have you "woken" the car up by opening the door or similar. Also is your area particularly poor for mobile reception etc. I assume not because it was working ok.

The link is from your car to your account, so if you reinstall or install iSmart on a different phone you just need to log in again. If it's a 2nd device it will log you out of the 1st device.
Have you "woken" the car up by opening the door or similar. Also is your area particularly poor for mobile reception etc. I assume not because it was working ok.
Thanks for the advice. I have tried opening the door etc without success. Mobile reception is poor here, but WiFi is good and the app has worked in the past.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried opening the door etc without success. Mobile reception is poor here, but WiFi is good and the app has worked in the past.
The car needs to connect via mobile or your WiFi as well as you device. Have you connected the car to your WiFi? If not give that a go, if you did connect it check it's still connected.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back