Rejected my ZS

SCB86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Well I've finally rejected my ZS.
As some will know I've had issues from day one with a creaking sunroof, rattling a-pillars, door and dash rattle. Also has a clunk from the steering.

It's been back in several times and the first fix of the sunroof took 2 weeks. They put a load of padding in the roof lining to stop the rattle.
2 days later it's creaking worse than ever and right above my head.

The car went back in 2 weeks ago and they had to send it to a body shop because they couldn't find the fault in the workshop.
They informed Motability that they think the car has a twisted roof frame. They then said they there was nothing wrong with the car and it was just a "quirk" and they won't fix it unless Motability pay £2K! They said it can't be fixed under warranty and that the car is fine.

So Motability won't pay this and rightly so, they're now battling the dealer and I've contacted MG UK to complain about the dealer and the car. (MG won't let you complain on the phone you have to email)

I rejected the car and ordered the new Kona Electric. Just got to wait 6 months for it to be built and delivered. 300 miles official range and remote heating and cooling - it's going to make my life SO much easier. I'll finally be able to do journeys that I currently have to stop and charge the MG for. Also has a good deal more power and torque 😁

I've been in a £48K Mercedes GLC hire car for two weeks. Beautiful car but it cost me £80 to fill the tank, it doesn't have any safety kit bar AEB or even keyless entry! Having a 9 speed gearbox also makes me crave my MG back. Never seems to be in the right gear and if you kickdown it takes about 2 seconds before it shifts as it has to kick down 5 gears!

It's so frustrating when garages deny that there's anything wrong when you know for a fact there is. ☹️
If there was nothing wrong, then how come every ZS doesn't have these features or "quirks" as they call them. I think I would do exactly the same in your situation and be talking to a solicitor about compensation.

Upvote 0
You must be really frustrated.
Did you have the option of a different dealer?

Upvote 0
As some will know I've had issues from day one with a creaking sunroof, rattling a-pillars, door and dash rattle. Also has a clunk from the steering.

It's been back in several times and the first fix of the sunroof took 2 weeks. They put a load of padding in the roof lining to stop the rattle.

The car went back in 2 weeks ago and they had to send it to a body shop because they couldn't find the fault in the workshop.
They informed Motability that they think the car has a twisted roof frame. They then said they there was nothing wrong with the car and it was just a "quirk" and they won't fix it unless Motability pay £2K! They said it can't be fixed under warranty and that the car is fine.

So Motability won't pay this and rightly so, they're now battling the dealer and I've contacted MG UK to complain about the dealer and the car. (MG won't let you complain on the phone you have to email)

I rejected the car and ordered the new Kona Electric. Just got to wait 6 months for it to be built and delivered. 300 miles official range and remote heating and cooling - it's going to make my life SO much easier. I'll finally be able to do journeys that I currently have to stop and charge the MG for. Also has a good deal more power and torque 😁

I've been in a £48K Mercedes GLC hire car for two weeks. Beautiful car but it cost me £80 to fill the tank, it doesn't have any safety kit bar AEB or even keyless entry! Having a 9 speed gearbox also makes me crave my MG back. Never seems to be in the right gear and if you kickdown it takes about 2 seconds before it shifts as it has to kick down 5 gears!
Hi,

I have had a MG ZS EV which I really liked but charger anxiety (not range anxiety) made me decide to buy an EV that could easily get me from Dumfries to Edinburgh or Glasgow (basically my ONLY regular long trips) on one charge.

So bought a Hyundai Kona Electric 64kwh which will easily do 250 Miles and that's Motorway 70-80 all the way.

It's fast as f##ck even on the Motorway and nice to drive, bit smaller than the MG and you will probably miss the sunroof (maybe not in your case). You will like the Bluelink App which let's you monitor the charging and pre-heating the car.

Enjoy

Frank

Upvote 0
You must be really frustrated.
Did you have the option of a different dealer?
I could have gone to another local dealer, but due to the fact Budgens have had it in for so long and so many times I thought better the devil you know - they know what they've done to it so far so hopefully less investigation.

Frank - nice to see your story with the Kona. I'm really looking forward to the Bluelink app as I don't have home charging and charge at a local charger in my village. I'll be able to monitor the charge and preheat/cool the cabin before I arrive.

Upvote 1
what a pity that you have a negative experience due to a Volkswagen sunroof ☹️ I think you will still miss the space of the mg and the exclusivity. good luck with the Hyundai👍

Upvote 0

Are you taking up walking until your Kona arrives in six months time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Are you taking up walking until your Kona arrives in six months time?
Id rather walk , good choice with the Kona

Upvote 0
what a pity that you have a negative experience due to a Volkswagen sunroof ☹️ I think you will still miss the space of the mg and the exclusivity. good luck with the Hyundai👍
I've seen a lot more ZS EV's on the road than the Kona, let alone the Kona Electric!

Upvote 0
I've seen a lot more ZS EV's on the road than the Kona, let alone the Kona Electric!
really understand you very well! you have had very bad luck with your Monday morning model! I'm just amazed at how reliable our MG is. what I'm trying to say is that another always seems better .. here in the Netherlands it is the other way around, here are a lot of kona's where you can also read various problems in the reviews. but good luck with you Hyundai

Upvote 0
At least they held their hands up and recalled MG would post you a 🔧 and expect you to fix ot yourself
Actually they haven't recalled them even though they said they would. In the last week another couple have burst into flames. Utube channel "transport evolved" latest video goes into detail.

Upvote 0
At least they held their hands up and recalled MG would post you a 🔧 and expect you to fix ot yourself
In the new article a piece of advice from the safety agency in US is,
“The safest place to park them is outside and away from homes and other structures.”

Imagine how this plays out in UK's urban centres

Upvote 0
Well I got the car back after 4 weeks of the dealer fannying about.
The service manager assured me it had been driven by 5 different people since they fixed it and it is definitely fixed....
As soon as I opened the sunroof on the way home the creaking started worse than ever.

It's an absolute piss take and I am beyond annoyed about it. I took a video of it creaking and took the car straight back. The manager asked me to forward the video to her. I asked if anyone had actually tested the roof with it open and she didn't reply so I'm guessing not.

I'm in a Mercedes GLC hire car and it's cost me £255 in diesel this month, I don't pay for my electricity for the MG so this has been an unwelcome expense.

I'm going to complain to MG directly again because this is beyond unacceptable.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom