• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Release charger button found

muppet77

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
ZS Long Range 2022 Trophy Connect

Hi all. I’ve had issues releasing my charger, mostly due to scheduling issues wanting to extend the time period.

Anyway, I discovered this button today that looks like a padlock. It released my charger immediately.

9C0B22D6-7452-4101-9356-F6AB7AE77375.jpeg

ZS Long Range 2022 Trophy Connect

Hi all. I’ve had issues releasing my charger, mostly due to scheduling issues wanting to extend the time period.

Anyway, I discovered this button today that looks like a padlock. It released my charger immediately.

View attachment 15507
Thanks, that will be handy I think.

That button is no guarantee that the car will release.

I have had a single incident with a fast charger, where there were som error with the charger, and the car did not start the charge, but it would also not release the connector, neither by itself, nor when i pressed that button.

There is a manual release pulltab in the engine compartment right near the charge port.

Just remember...Do not use this manual release if the car is actually charging or you might end up damaging something.

Used it this morning actually and had a software update last week. 🤷🏼‍♂️
What I mean is there is no need to use it if you have up-to-date software you can just unlock your car and it lets you remove the cable so if you can't do that iam sorry to say you car was not updated probably

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom