Replace rear lights with LED’s

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Dear all,
If I were to replace the rear lights with LED’s does anyone know which LED lights I need to buy as there are so many different type to choose from?
Any help would be appreciated.

Mark have a look here
I know it says classic car leds but they do supply modern cars. If you check your hand book for the number or bulb reference you can search for it. I have used this company myself for the modern and my older vehicle and have been happy with the service. He also answers emails which is always a bonus

Here is a link for the w5w listed below as the rear side light same web site

Last edited:
Dear all,
If I were to replace the rear lights with LED’s does anyone know which LED lights I need to buy as there are so many different type to choose from?
Any help would be appreciated.
On page 263 handbook .pdf file, e.g., w5w led for rear side light.

1608326890061.png

Last edited:
I replaced my reversing lights with LEDs two weeks back and it makes a massive difference to the visibility of the reversing camera at this time of year. I’m wondering if doing the two number plate bulbs (as I have a few led W5W spare) might further illuminate the camera in the dark as they are in the right neck of the woods to provide further ambient light

I replaced my reversing lights with LEDs two weeks back and it makes a massive difference to the visibility of the reversing camera at this time of year. I’m wondering if doing the two number plate bulbs (as I have a few led W5W spare) might further illuminate the camera in the dark as they are in the right neck of the woods to provide further ambient light
Which LED’s did you get to replace you reversing lights

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you all for you help and reply’s, I have ordered

And

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry what do you mean have I ordered the wrong ones, these were suggested by someone else on the forum earlier this year?

Okay they were suggested by another member on this forum, hopefully they will be okay, but will have to see. Thanks for the advise.
Those headlights are the ones I fitted, no problems except for how tight the rear cover is to undo on the lamp unit.

They fitted fine, getting the cluster out, just take your time. Mike has a video on his channel that covers removing the cover and the bolts, there is a rubber seal that you need to push out to get the cluster free. Once that is done the tricky bit is there isn’t much flex unless you unclip where the wires join under a plastic clip in the centre of the cluster, for the three different lights (one I could get enough flex to twist out without removing them, the other one I had to release the wires and then replace them when I’d unscrews the reversing bulb and swapped it over). I’d allow about 15 mins per cluster.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom