Replacing Head Unit, Controlling Pilot, Lighting, etc

Take some photos of the back of the original head unit so we can see what wires and connectors were used.

There are 5 connectors used.

1. Main
2. USB (3x)
3. Not sure, probably GPS

ksnip_20210306-130527.png

First of all, can I say 'well done' for getting this far?! I am very impressed that you are willing to experiment to improve your car, especially as it's brand new so there's very limited information out there 😁 Whilst I probably won't be doing anything like this for a while, I salute you for trying and bringing your lessons (and information) learned to this forum for the benefit of others.

Secondly, if you come up to Scotland, 'FUD' has a totally different meaning...😂😂

Cheers

Bloggsy

First of all, can I say 'well done' for getting this far?! I am very impressed that you are willing to experiment to improve your car, especially as it's brand new so there's very limited information out there 😁 Whilst I probably won't be doing anything like this for a while, I salute you for trying and bringing your lessons (and information) learned to this forum for the benefit of others.

Secondly, if you come up to Scotland, 'FUD' has a totally different meaning...😂😂

Cheers

Bloggsy
Thank you;). This is only the beginning;)

I know this thread is not exactly for the head unit, but did you have a look at this thread. There are some pieces of wiring info in it.

Thread 'Upgrading the audio system (lots of pictures)' Upgrading the audio system (lots of pictures)
Hmm, yeah, thanks, he says "The stock amp pulls power through pin 15+16 of the ISO-plug part"

Can you achieve the same thing by keeping the existing and adding the new head unit in front of the existing one on some kind of mount - that maybe hinges so that you can access the old one still.

I've never attempted to replace an integrated head unit so know absolutely nothing about it etc.

I know it's not the same as having it fully integrated flush into the car etc, but aren't you effectively just wanting an android tablet to use/mounted in the car?

Or FAKRA - even if it is a type of wiring connector!

Good to hear.
How was the last issue resolved?

Do the HVAC adjustments flash up on the head unit?
Do the steering wheel buttons work?

This is called spreading FUD. Putting in an aftermarket unit in any vehicle won't void warranty. You are scaring kids around the world, so read a little before writing anything like that.
Yes it will when it integrates with vehicle system's!

Good to hear.
How was the last issue resolved?

Do the HVAC adjustments flash up on the head unit?
Do the steering wheel buttons work?
Well, it's a mess of errors I need to clean up, but I will address them one by one;)

The HVAC adjustments are not on screen, so this is something I need to figure out. I manually rotate the dial 7 clicks to the left to get it to the middle, by muscle memory;)

The steering wheel buttons don't work, but I have a pretty good idea how to get them to work. I'll follow up when I got it.

I also have lots of insane errors now, showing up in the IP, showing me

1. Airbag Fault, Consult Handbook
2. Hill Descent Control Fault, Consult Handbook
3. Vehicle Control System Fault
4. Possible Icy Roads
5. Auto Emergency Braking System Unavailable
6. Pedestrian Auto Emergency Braking Currently Unavailable
7. ACC Systems Unavailable

This last one, that the adaptive cruice control is not working, was surprising to me and that sucks.

Well, it's a mess of errors I need to clean up, but I will address them one by one;)

The HVAC adjustments are not on screen, so this is something I need to figure out. I manually rotate the dial 7 clicks to the left to get it to the middle, by muscle memory;)

The steering wheel buttons don't work, but I have a pretty good idea how to get them to work. I'll follow up when I got it.

I also have lots of insane errors now, showing up in the IP, showing me

1. Airbag Fault, Consult Handbook
2. Hill Descent Control Fault, Consult Handbook
3. Vehicle Control System Fault
4. Possible Icy Roads
5. Auto Emergency Braking System Unavailable
6. Pedestrian Auto Emergency Braking Currently Unavailable
7. ACC Systems Unavailable

This last one, that the adaptive cruice control is not working, was surprising to me and that sucks.

Good job, so far! It's very interesting what you're doing and will, no doubt, help others in the future so 'Thank you' (y)

I shall leave you with your 'right hand' as your partner - someone did comment that you Norwegians were a bit special! 😉🤣🤣

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom