Reset battery range

AJD10

Standard Member
Reaction score
I charge the battery to 100% yet the milage is approx 50 miles lower than it should be. I been told this can be reset, can anyone tell me how this can be done. Mg zs ev

Resetting the mileage won't magically give you more miles unfortunately, all it does is reset the GOM to the default "what you can get under test conditions".

To reset counters - left arrow on steering wheel, then press and hold OK.

Resetting the mileage won't magically give you more miles unfortunately, all it does is reset the GOM to the default "what you can get under test conditions".

To reset counters - left arrow on steering wheel, then press and hold OK.
When the battery was 100% charge it show the range of 161 miles but now when fully charge it only shows 121 miles.

When the battery was 100% charge it show the range of 161 miles but now when fully charge it only shows 121 miles.
That's because the car has taken your previous journeys and the weather into account to give you a more realistic value.

As the temperature rises through spring and summer, this value will increase. Also, the more motorway driving you do, the predicted range drops, if you do fewer motorway journeys, the prediction increases. Just keep an eye on the miles/kWh, if it's below 3 you will get a low range prediction, if it's over 4, it will be brilliant. :)

What you are seeing is a “predicted” range, based on historical data stored and provided by your usage patterns / weather conditions and driving style over a longer time scale etc etc.
By resetting both of your trip recorders, you are wiping that historic data clean and the GOM will predict a “best case” scenario.
It is very likely to be close to what you are looking for, I think you will find.
It is a totally personal 50 / 50 choice thing really, if you wish to leave or reset your trips ?.

Before you reset it (if you haven't already done so) check you accumulated m/kWh, it will probably be at 2.8m/kWh if your range is 121 miles.
To get 161 miles range, which you may do in Summer, driving steady, you need to achieve 3.8m/kWh.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom