• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

reset TPMS

Simplicity of install sake mostly. Replace the engine with a motor and leave the car in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Instead I used a Tesla SDU in place of my diff.
I think top gear might be less strain on the gearbox.

I think top gear might be less strain on the gearbox.
Tesla use an 9.X:1 reduction gear in the SDU/LDU.

Most ICE vehicles use a reduction to the diff of around 4:1. So I assume some gear reduction is required via the gearbox for the best drivability.

I know Zero EV do a motor you can connect to your gearbox, or a motor with reduction gear you can connect to the prop shaft.

2021 Mk1 ZS EV here. So what I can gather from this thread: it is NOT possible to reset the TPMS ourselves? Have had a good look at the manual & elsewhere ...

Apparent problem: after a service & wheel rotate, the pressure readings seem odd & wrong; in particular, the FL wheel consistently shows lower than what it should be. I'm assuming therefore that the service centre may not have bothered to reset the TPMS after the service & rotate.

PITA tho, don't really want to have to lose a day, go back to service again etc. I would have thought there would be a user way to do this. Slegehammer? Maybe disconnect the 12v battery & re-set?

Thanks in advance.

2021 Mk1 ZS EV here. So what I can gather from this thread: it is NOT possible to reset the TPMS ourselves? Have had a good look at the manual & elsewhere ...

Apparent problem: after a service & wheel rotate, the pressure readings seem odd & wrong; in particular, the FL wheel consistently shows lower than what it should be. I'm assuming therefore that the service centre may not have bothered to reset the TPMS after the service & rotate.

PITA tho, don't really want to have to lose a day, go back to service again etc. I would have thought there would be a user way to do this. Slegehammer? Maybe disconnect the 12v battery & re-set?

Thanks in advance.
Gen 1 needs reprogramming after rotation
Gen2 auto reprograms

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom