Reverse noise?

muppet77

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I was under the impression that it was good practice to have a reversing noise on EVs.
My LR Trophy Connect doesn’t seem to have one. Is there one that I can switch on somewhere?
Thanks

I don't think it has any artificial noise at all, if mine has I can't hear it, forwards or backwards. I think it was something jumped on by the "anti EV lobby" (oil & gas) and picked up by the visually impaired charities. The vast majority of new cars today are almost silent, all you can hear when passing you even at low speed is tyre noise.

There is a pedestrian warning noise but only works when you drive slow best way to hear it would be open your window and slow the car down at about 10mph the car makes a noise and on speeding up again it stops at 15mph its a rubbish fake electric motor noise and not that loud shame you can't upload your own sound like a ice cream van

I would prefer an “ear worm” something like I know a tune that will get on your nerves. Or the ice cream tune to get the kids rushing out to buy a cornet 😈😈😈

Hi in the owners manual on page 186 it tells you all about the pedestrian alert system which is fitted to the MG4 and I think by law has now to be fitted to all EVs.
Les

Owners manual is now available as a PDF in the MG4 forum page care of Ian Key

Last edited:
I would prefer an “ear worm” something like I know a tune that will get on your nerves. Or the ice cream tune to get the kids rushing out to buy a cornet 😈😈😈
"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and . . ." :)

I think by law has now to be fitted to all EVs.
Screenshot_20220930_104445.jpg

I was under the impression that it was good practice to have a reversing noise on EVs.
My LR Trophy Connect doesn’t seem to have one. Is there one that I can switch on somewhere?
Thanks
The ZS EV Trophy 🏆 and connect have reversing sensors / cross traffic alert and 360 degree camera fitted as standard equipment.
A combination of all three of these features working together, should go a long way into reducing / preventing any incidents when reversing out of a space, I would have thought ?.
Years ago, we only had our eyes 👀 to depend on !.

The ZS EV Trophy 🏆 and connect have reversing sensors / cross traffic alert and 360 degree camera fitted as standard equipment.
A combination of all three of these features working together, should go a long way into reducing / preventing any incidents when reversing out of a space, I would have thought ?.
Years ago, we only had our eyes 👀 to depend on !.
Completely.
I meant from the perspective of a pedestrian - a deaf person or child - I wondered if there was anything that was fitted or could be switched on.

Hi in the owners manual on page 186 it tells you all about the pedestrian alert system which is fitted to the MG4 and I think by law has now to be fitted to all EVs.
Les

Owners manual is now available as a PDF in the MG4 forum page care of Ian Key
If it is, it is not default Les

I am eternally grateful that they atleast did not decide to do it like KIA has done.

They have a rather loud BONG sound, that it is impossible to adjust the volume of.

We have a couple of these cars in the neighborhood, and it is incredibly annoying to have to listen to this loud penetrating bong, every time someone several houses down, reverses their car out of their driveway. (Especially in summertime when windows are open or we are sat at the porch in the back garden.

If i had, had one of these i would have torn the car apart and stuck a screwdriver through the loudspeaker of that crap to shut it the bleeeep up :)

I am eternally grateful that they atleast did not decide to do it like KIA has done.

They have a rather loud BONG sound, that it is impossible to adjust the volume of.

We have a couple of these cars in the neighborhood, and it is incredibly annoying to have to listen to this loud penetrating bong, every time someone several houses down, reverses their car out of their driveway. (Especially in summertime when windows are open or we are sat at the porch in the back garden.

If i had, had one of these i would have torn the car apart and stuck a screwdriver through the loudspeaker of that crap to shut it the bleeeep up :)
Some owners simply pulled the connector off the speaker. :)

Some owners simply pulled the connector off the speaker. :)
Is this something that is easy to do.

Maybe there is a tutorial i could print, and covertly stick in their mailboxes as a passive aggressive "Please turn that bleeep off"

Honestly i would not have a problem with it if it was just loud enough for someone next to the car to hear it, but this is very audible even 50 meters away.

Is this something that is easy to do.

Maybe there is a tutorial i could print, and covertly stick in their mailboxes as a passive aggressive "Please turn that bleeep off"

Honestly i would not have a problem with it if it was just loud enough for someone next to the car to hear it, but this is very audible even 50 meters away.
I think it's behind the rear bumper, just a case of lying on the floor and reaching behind it I believe. I suppose you could tape some acoustic foam over it to deaden the noise.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom