Reverse parking/distance sensor fault on Has PHEV

Nudg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have a 21 plate HS PHEV.
I have a fault.
When selecting reverse a message appears saying something like "parking sensor fault, Get it fixed". It seems to be working and camera comes on but beeps every time selected. Is there a reset routine which could clear it?

My local dealership are not the most friendly and want the car all day (no offer of a courtesy car) so would love to find a fix myself.

My 1 week old car does this. In fact it did it to the dealer on the morning I was picking up the car. They gave me the option to delay pick up but I still picked the car up with the fault anyway and it has now booked in to be looked at. The dealer don’t know how long it will take but I will get a courtesy car which could be another PHEV they said. As you said it gives the error and beep when you select reverse otherwise everything else work.

Attachments

• E8FCF41D-32B7-456D-93D3-89212D8F9666.jpeg
    E8FCF41D-32B7-456D-93D3-89212D8F9666.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 636
Update.
I presumed the reversing distance beeps were working as the cameras activated. However decided to reverse into the drive last night and the cameras and grids appear on screen but there are no warning beeps other than the initial one with the error message.

I didn't buy from my nearest dealer so, perhaps they aren't inclined to offer me a courtesy car.

Further update.
Waited 3 weeks for car to be looked at. Now told one of the sensors has failed.
Would you believe they don't stock these or have an idea when they will receive one. Crazy.

Further update.
Waited 3 weeks for car to be looked at. Now told one of the sensors has failed.
Would you believe they don't stock these or have an idea when they will receive one. Crazy.
Of course I believe it. My car is just over a month old now and I still don’t know what the reverse sensor beep sounds like. Dealer diagnosed the faulty sensor on my last visit and a new sensor ordered. Back with dealer next week for replacement installation so hopefully I will have some parking sensors but 360 camera saved the day.

I dont get this message, but this weekend my parking sensors stopped working, no beep and no more distance messuring, sensors are clean and washed but not working anymore....

I experienced this some time ago. My MG dealer replaced the faulty sensor. It took a week for them to order one and a couple of hours to replace. The following week, we went through the same exercise as a second sensor decided to retire early.

One sensor was broken but did the rest work or did they all stopped working? in my case I have no parking sensors at all working.

Yes, if one goes then it will stop working. Repair was done in warranty, no fuss. They even valeted the car, not up to my standard :D but nice of them to do so anyway.

Well i have a appointment next week so hopefully it is fixed soon, i miss it a lot. de distance meter the most.

Well guys it is fixed but I can tell you that my complete software was damaged by an Apple Car Play wireless dongle. So never buy or use this. They had to program the car for about 3.5 hours to fix it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now it is cold outside about -4°C and they stopped working again.....never had these problems with other cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom