Reversing speed bug?

YaR

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong of if there is a bug in the way the car responds in a certain situation that should be reported. Would be greatful if someone could (safely) try and replicate the following for a UK mk2 trophy.

Most of the time when I put the car into reverse from a parked position the accelerator pedal is sensitive enough such that speed can be appropriately regulated and there are no issues with undue acceleration.
However, if I dont have my seatbelt on AND the car refuses to move until I put it on (happens about ~1/3rd time if it's been parked and I get in) AND I push the accelerator before strapping myself in then when I take my foot off it, strap myself in, select reverse gear then lightly touch the accelerator it shoots off backwards uncomfortably fast (albeit about 10mph) at the lightest touch.

RCTA + AEB are turned on and everything else is at the default settings.

With my Mk1 Trophy I do not need to press the accelerator to start moving backwards. Press brake, select reverse, lift foot off brake slightly and the car moves backwards slowly managed by the brake.

Is it a feature of the Mk2 that requires a press on the accelerator to give movement after selecting the gear?

From a parked position with the auto hold on it requires a touch of the accelerator to crawl forward or backward. If you have simply stopped via the brake and have the car in R or D then it will inch forward when you take your foot off the brake, unless OPD is selected. Then it won't.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back