Ride quality

The ride/handling balance is great for the RWD versions and definitely one of the strengths.

My car does not feel like a budget car to me, which was a pleasant surprise, I like the materials and the minimalist style. I know some people prefer a traditional cabin, fine, there are alternatives like that.

In fact there are only 2 things standing in the way of me declaring ownership being generally 'brilliant':
  • Better communication from MG and from that better service from dealers
  • Getting all the updates out onto owner's cars quickly, efficiently and reliably.

The ride/handling balance is great for the RWD versions and definitely one of the strengths.

My car does not feel like a budget car to me, which was a pleasant surprise, I like the materials and the minimalist style. I know some people prefer a traditional cabin, fine, there are alternatives like that.

In fact there are only 2 things standing in the way of me declaring ownership being generally 'brilliant':
  • Getting all the updates out onto owner's cars quickly, efficiently and reliably.
Yep, I agree.

It’s what surprised me the most abt the car along with it being RWD.

Slight negative is the lack of OTUD’s as I’m so used to the Tesla’s integration

Mine is brilliant then, my dealer is great and I'm not fussed about updates unless they are to fix something.
TBH, the only thing I don't like is the poor radio reception.

If you're using Android Auto or Apple Carplay, perhaps try an app like TuneInn radio. The sound quality is night and day different (better) from the stock radio
Thanks, but I meant the stock radio.
The sound quality is excellent when I get a good reception, it's mainly the fact that I lose the signal on anything but the BBC Radio stations, it's worse on DAB that FM

Thanks, but I meant the stock radio.
The sound quality is excellent when I get a good reception, it's mainly the fact that I lose the signal on anything but the BBC Radio stations, it's worse on DAB that FM
You can get the national and local stations on these apps too, so it can completely replace the traditional radio - assuming you have a signal for the data where you are.

Agreed ... and that's the only additional consideration - you need a data connection on your phone for such apps. (Which isn't usually a problem for most people).

But the audio quality via the app is certainly better than DAB. (Can't comment re. FM as I can't remember the last time I listened to an FM station).

I personally think the damping is too soft resulting in a little too much of a squishy bouncy ride way. Totally acceptable and probably intentionally tuned this way to give a softer ride, if I owned the car outright I'd probably be looking for aftermarket shocks and struts or switching for the xpower one's.

Last edited:
Agreed ... and that's the only additional consideration - you need a data connection on your phone for such apps. (Which isn't usually a problem for most people).

But the audio quality via the app is certainly better than DAB. (Can't comment re. FM as I can't remember the last time I listened to an FM station).
Not sure it’s a European (Cyprus) problem or not but I can’t get DAB radio to work at all..

Hope it’s me not knowing, rather than the car.

DAB disappears for me as I approach the village where I live so I always tune to FM. Very occasionally I've had to switch over to DAB because the FM was fading out, but not often. It's not as good as the radio on the Peugeot e208 courtesy car I had but it's not that bad. It's impossible to compare with any ICE car because the engine noise in these wrecks the sound anyway.

DAB never took off here in Ireland so the National broadcaster stopped broadcasting services on it back in March 2021.

Regarding Cyprus:
In June 2021, the Department of Electronic Communications initiated a new tender procedure, the result of which was successful and the contract for the Development of a Study on the Operation of Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB+) in Cyprus, was awarded.

The Duration of the contract execution is 12 months from the date of the commencement of the implementation of the contract.

Following this, in August 2022, the Department of Electronic Communications awarded a contract to LS telcom AG for a study to examine the technical, regulatory, licensing and commercial models which may enable the successful launch of DAB+ services across the Republic of Cyprus. The project is due to be completed in 2022 and will lead to the launch of DAB+, bringing clearer reception for the island’s many existing broadcasters as well as the scope for new services to be launched.
Cyprus | Countries | WorldDAB

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel