Rolec EVON0090 Home charger, any good?

blader1611

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting an EV soon on lease may be even buy outright so getting a home charger installed in the next week or so. Is the above charger ok to use with MG cars?

Reminded me of this video from a sparky who will not fit Rolec chargers any more. To be fair it's 3 years old but worth watching anyway.

OTOH, a different viewpoint!

I have a Rolec EV017186, so a different model to the one the OP is asking about, used regularly for slightly over two years without any problem, other than one which manifested itself before I got the car and which was caused by my DNO supplying over-voltage (as high as 259 volts, when the mandated maximum is 253) leading to the unit tripping out.

I remember doing an inspection at a company who were integrating our control panels into remote control buildings. (Basically glorified shipping containers). Another vendor was there testing their UPS systems and they kept tripping out. It was nothing to do with me but I noted the time of day and asked them all if they knew what time it was (it was about 5pm, just when factories typically stop) ... I then suggested that perhaps they should check the incoming AC voltage. Oh look - guess what the problem was? 😉😎

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom