Roof Bars

Crash Matt

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Morning All,
I've just ordered an MG4 SE and am wanting to get new feet for my Thule roof bars, our old car had roof rails.
Has anyone used roof bars on the MG4? if so, which feet did you use?
Thanks
Matt

Yes, that's the message I got from MG, but that sounds crazy... surely you can fit a roof rack?!? If you can put a bike on a Lambo... surely you can get one on an MG!!
You can, with a trailer hitch bike rack. The car is rated for towing 500kg (50kg nose weight).
Sadly, tow bars won't be available until January.

Yes, that's the message I got from MG, but that sounds crazy... surely you can fit a roof rack?!? If you can put a bike on a Lambo... surely you can get one on an MG!!
The trouble is, if it isn’t rated then most likely your insurance would be invalidated if you tried it. It is possible they will retrospectively certify, like happened with the MG5, but no guarantee of that.

The trouble is, if it isn’t rated then most likely your insurance would be invalidated if you tried it. It is possible they will retrospectively certify, like happened with the MG5, but no guarantee of that.
Yeah, I read about the issues with the MG5. It seems pretty crazy to release a car that can't have a roof load?!
I've emailed the local MG dealer we're buying it from and they are being quite efficient at avoiding the question!! Ha Ha!!!

Yeah, I read about the issues with the MG5. It seems pretty crazy to release a car that can't have a roof load?!
I've emailed the local MG dealer we're buying it from and they are being quite efficient at avoiding the question!! Ha Ha!!!
They must MG Certified dealers then :ROFLMAO:

The lack of roof bars is what is stopping me getting an MG4.
But last week I came across a post on an Irish forum (MG 4 - Page 13) which pointed out that MG in Denmark are listing roof bars as an accessory for the MG4: Tilbehørsshop | MG Motor Danmark (filter/translate as required ;))
I've asked my local dealer if they know more, but no response yet

Please do reply if you do hear anything

Edit: Added link to Irish forum

Last edited:
But last week I came across a post on an Irish forum (can't find the link again) which pointed out that MG in Denmark are listing roof bars as an accessory for the MG4: Tilbehørsshop | MG Motor Danmark (filter/translate as required ;))

Wow! There’s nothing in the way of accessories offered on the UK MG website that I can see.

That’s excellent news, the ones listed are to take up to 60kg. Assuming this is not a mistake, that would mean certification is coming,
What ones listed?

But last week I came across a post on an Irish forum (MG 4 - Page 13) which pointed out that MG in Denmark are listing roof bars as an accessory for the MG4: Tilbehørsshop | MG Motor Danmark (filter/translate as required ;))

Edit: Added link to Irish forum
This is great, thanks. I'll have a look!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back