• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Roof rail

If you are taking the ZS exclusive the roof rails on that car as a weight rating of 75kg but the MG5 as yet none but be careful and take your time if it’s the ZS that is
Les

Need to transport 2 x 3 metre planks does anyone know if roof rails would support 2 or should I take 1 at a time .

I can't picture 3m in my head at the moment but some members have opened the sunroof and stuck it from one end of the car (from the boot maybe, in your case?) out of the sunroof.

Obviously, you need to see how far out it sticks out and make a risk assessment, but it's an option for oversized items!

All I will say is - don't blame me if it goes wrong!!!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I can't picture 3m in my head at the moment but some members have opened the sunroof and stuck it from one end of the car (from the boot maybe, in your case?) out of the sunroof.

Obviously, you need to see how far out it sticks out and make a risk assessment, but it's an option for oversized items!

All I will say is - don't blame me if it goes wrong!!!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Brilliant idea will give it a go.

I seem to remember somebody on the forum transporting heavy wooden sleepers on their car !.
There was a picture showing the roof rack loaded with the wooden sleepers.
I can’t seem to find it at the moment.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom