Roof rails

Cafeg

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
We just noticed a problem with the roof rails after going through a carwash twice. The Paint has gone all spotty. Anyone else noticed this. It was a shell softwah carwash. The rest of the car paint is ok.

Can U share some pictures ? Could be due to the chemicals in the carwash installation.
Yes I will when I get it back. My auto garage door came down while I was backing out and wiped out the shark fin on top and scratched all the roof :( The panelbeater noticed the marks on the roof rails. They were like spots on the railings. It went through a carwash 2 days before that but the panelbeater didnt think the carwash caused the marks.

Some good news, the dealer/MG has agreed to replace the defective roof rails under warranty and the panelbeater will be putting them on while he is reassembling the roof.

So today, I tried for the first time to charge at Instavolt in Kings Lynn, at the Costa. I've only ever charged at home and that works ok.
Followed the instructions, fitted the cable and a countdown on the screen started. So I pressed start charging in the car and......... Nothing. So we tried again with the car doors closed, and the start charging on the app. Nope... Nothing. I've had the car since April and never tried up to now. We got to where we were going with 24% left, but I'm confused where we went wrong.
I'm disabled btw hence not using them before.

So today, I tried for the first time to charge at Instavolt in Kings Lynn, at the Costa. I've only ever charged at home and that works ok.
Followed the instructions, fitted the cable and a countdown on the screen started. So I pressed start charging in the car and......... Nothing. So we tried again with the car doors closed, and the start charging on the app. Nope... Nothing. I've had the car since April and never tried up to now. We got to where we were going with 24% left, but I'm confused where we went wrong.
It's an SE SR

I got my MG phev back today from the panelbeaters. It was gone for 3 weeks and I missed it :) I had a 2019 toyota corolla rental the insurance co gave me while mine was being repaired. The corolla was really thirsty. 7.1 litres/100kms. Makes me really appreciate the MG Phev, I'm getting around 2 - 3 litres/100kms out of mine with mostly around running on electric and one 250km trip a month. They replaced the roof rails with chrome rails, look a lot better that the matte grey ones. Its so great to have it back :)

Yes I will when I get it back. My auto garage door came down while I was backing out and wiped out the shark fin on top and scratched all the roof :( The panelbeater noticed the marks on the roof rails. They were like spots on the railings. It went through a carwash 2 days before that but the panelbeater didnt think the carwash caused the marks.

Some good news, the dealer/MG has agreed to replace the defective roof rails under warranty and the panelbeater will be putting them on while he is reassembling the roof.

It's an SE SR
I've chargedmine many times at a public charger, All I do is plug it into a type 2 charger and it starts straight away. Just makesure you select Type2.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom