Route planning coming to MG4?

coff33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I was looking at the Australian specs pdf and it says EV trip planning and charger routing coming October 2023.

It's for the Essence 64 and long range 77 models only, i guess the models with satnav.

I haven't used the satnav route planner yet but playing around with it when accessing the planner you can press a charger icon at the top right of the screen and it displays all of the known chargers along the route or close by so I am assuming it will do it. I have owned my essence 64 for about 6 weeks

I haven't used the satnav route planner yet but playing around with it when accessing the planner you can press a charger icon at the top right of the screen and it displays all of the known chargers along the route or close by so I am assuming it will do it. I have owned my essence 64 for about 6 weeks
That has always been there, what it will not do is automatically add in any charger stops when you plan a route from A to B with a required SoC at the end of the journey.

The advantage of having the Excite (cheapest) version, it doesn't come with Navigation system.
I added ABRP to my Android Auto and it works pretty well. Unfortunately the Android Auto compatible version (Apple CArplay as well) is not free, but it isn't as bad. In the other hand, it is a bit overkilled here in New Zealand, just like any other navigation software, especially on our South Island (talking about locals). Hard to get lost... and after a few trips you will remember all charging stations anyway.

What customers should be asking for (by passing on information to MG via social networks and their car dealer) is the EV Route Planner in CarPlay. A feature offered by Apple that, for the moment, only Ford and Porsche have implemented (it requires EV battery data to be shared with CarPlay).

Sadly my Sat Nav only worked for six weeks, then Dealership said it needed update and still waiting months later. Using an old plug in Sat Nav but at least that works apart from new.places.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back