Safety software issue

Nope - With VAG If you are stationary with handbrake released ( ready to drive ) then if you unbuckle the belt and then slightly open the driver door, the car apply the hand brake.
The electronic handbrake can be used to slow down the car from speed in an emergency, by holding UP the hand brake toggle switch.
The car will not like it of course and sound out a lot of visual and audio warnings.
Ask me how I know !.
How very convoluted this is becoming 😖🤣

Ah "facing downhill" ... I'll try next opportunity.
Autohold on or off?
Right found 5 mins today... What happens on mine is with :-
A door ajar (caught on latch but not shut)
B seat belt off
C Auto hold "on"ish - would be on if seat belt fastened
D facing downhill on slope
E in Park.

Foot on brake select R on dial. Handbrake whirs to "off".
Foot off brake over to gas & before anything else happens, handbrake puts itself back on.

If I shut the door properly no issues (seatbelt or no).

I reckon depending on the severity of the slope you might move a couple feet?🤷🏻‍♂️ before the handbrake completely re-engages & stops the "roll".

Easiest way out is shut the flippin door properly in the first place 👍

Thanks for trying it.
Autohold is always off for me. eg no light at the A button.
Certainly agree on shutting the door! Always check that now.

I reckon depending on the severity of the slope you might move a couple feet?🤷🏻‍♂️ before the handbrake completely re-engages & stops the "roll".
That's definitely a possibility, I've done that a couple of times where I've pressed "P" and took my foot off the brake a bit too quick.

When next on a hill I will try it to see whether the parking brake will eventually come on by itself. As yet I am not convinced.

It was just a test to see if I could move the car with the door not properly closed.
Flat ground
Seatbelt on
MK2.
Handbrake would not release.

OK, I have tried it again in a safe situation.
And "AK OK" is quite right....given more space and no panic foot braking, the car does activate the parking brake by itself. However, it takes a good second or two to work, which can allow the car to travel some distance before it stops.
I still do not understand why the software takes the parking brake off if it thinks the car is not in a safe condition to drive normally.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom