SAIC Motor Financial Data

What I am trying to say is that a so well-applauded car on all the YouTuber's videos turns out to be actually not that good and this is reflected in sales. Probably there is other info like the return rate of the car but I didn't have that info. Cuz I saw people asking to buy or not to buy.

I wouldn't draw conclusions about how good a car is from some sales figures. Not least as there are loads of factors other than just the car quality behind any sales figures.

How do sales compare to two years ago (as last year may be an outlier)? How do other companies in the same market look? Too many variables.

I don't really understand the figures anyway. For instance which line represents the MG5, or maybe the MG5 in Europe?

Whatever - feel free to draw your own conclusions but I'm not persuaded.

Parts shortages over the last couple of years will have caused a downturn in sales numbers for most manufacturers... shortage of stock due to covid, war and so on have been commonplace to the point where used car prices were often dearer than new cars... I don't see how cherry picking a fact here and there forms any cogent argument.

I've only met one person who wasn't happy with his MG and that was down to dealer issues rather than the car... and he'd waited 9 months for his ZS to arrive.

I wouldn't draw conclusions about how good a car is from some sales figures. Not least as there are loads of factors other than just the car quality behind any sales figures.

Exactly this, budget cars tend to sell quite well as they give the option of a new/ newer car to more people.
People will generally put up with a bit of a drop in quality to do this.

It's a bit like the rise of bargain stores like B&Ms Home Bargains etc, these stores are rammed these days.

MGs biggest problem is not the drop in quality/iffy software it's how they deal with this and communicate with customers when problems arise.

Parts shortages over the last couple of years will have caused a downturn in sales numbers for most manufacturers... shortage of stock due to covid, war and so on have been commonplace to the point where used car prices were often dearer than new cars... I don't see how cherry picking a fact here and there forms any cogent argument.

I've only met one person who wasn't happy with his MG and that was down to dealer issues rather than the car... and he'd waited 9 months for his ZS to arrive.
You need to go on the MG 4 chat you will meet a good few more

You're better off looking at things such as filings for individual aspects of SAIC.

MG Motors UK turned over just under £500mil in 2021, figures from 2022 will be published in November this year.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom