Satnav issue not solved by dealer

billdunstew

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have a month old MG5 LR and am trying to personalise the satnav. My aim is to activate the audio and visual warnings for locations such as schools, hospitals etc. Although I have found my way through the settings menu, and then pressed 'close' the satnav refuses to co-operate. I spent a happy half an hour with the supplier this morning, but the sales expert could not help, and the technician 'who knows about these things' is on a fortnights holiday. I have read the threads about disconnecting the 'dead reckoning' feature, but my satnav does not have the same setting called 'map features'. Has anyone any ideas? I know this is not critical, but if the features are listed it should be possible to activate them?

The dead reckoning issue was more for the MG ZS I believe (although happy to be corrected) so it may be you're confusing the two as the settings are different.

Have you had a read of the separate Infotainment manual posted on this forum?

Hi, Yes I have read both the one supplied with the car, version 1 2021, and one downloaded today from MG. There are just two sentences about Alert Points, the issue I have is that touching the required alert produces no response from the unit. When I had a test drive in a MG ZS I was impressed by the way it warned me of schools, am now trying to get the same info in my MG 5.

That might well be the answer, but why does the the Infotainment Manual issued with the car, version 1 2021 on p 58, and the online version on page 55 say 'Alert Points: Touch it to receive a warning when approaching Alert Points like school zones or railroad crossings"; and why do the alert points come up as an option in 'settings' complete with a box to be ticked?

That might well be the answer, but why does the the Infotainment Manual issued with the car, version 1 2021 on p 58, and the online version on page 55 say 'Alert Points: Touch it to receive a warning when approaching Alert Points like school zones or railroad crossings"; and why do the alert points come up as an option in 'settings' complete with a box to be ticked?
It does say in manual may not be available in your region, ie UK for this car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom