Satnav & phone issues

Dprior

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, maybe someone can help me? I have a new mg5 LR (5 days old). Is it normal that if I make a call I cannot click on the satnav or view it if it's on or go back to the home screen

I have tried android auto with better results but when I get a call it won't come out on the car speakers when I answer it but if I make a call it's fine.

I would check your sound settings on your phone for your android auto. It may well be that a setting needs to be set to enable audio to pass through to the head unit. As for SatNsv issue I am not sure as I use an iPhone for satnav through CarPlay. But I am sure someone will update this thread with more info.

Thanks, I'll check the settings, no idea why I can't use the onboard satnav while on the phone

I have the sr 2021. I have same issue when using sat nav fortunately I own the most underused iPhone in the Western Hemisphere.

When using your phone on the screen low down towards the left hand side is a small mobile phone icon click it to alternate between phone and car speakers.

Thanks, I'll check the settings, no idea why I can't use the onboard satnav while on the phone
Perhaps the car doesn't want you to drive, talk on the phone and play with the SatNav at the same time. :)

@Gomev, I get that, but if I have a route programmed in and I take a call, I have to pull over and wait for my handsfree call to end to see my maps again? its a bit unnecessary

the android auto would solve it but when I get a call on AA it comes out on my phone and not the car speaker.

I have the sr 2021. I have same issue when using sat nav fortunately I own the most underused iPhone in the Western Hemisphere.

When using your phone on the screen low down towards the left hand side is a small mobile phone icon click it to alternate between phone and car speakers.
Ill check that out later, thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom