• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Satnav problems

Chrisd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just received my ZS LR Trophy. Seems fine apart from the Satnav which will not track or update. It logs the position when the car starts and will map the route just doesn't track when moving.
Am I missing an option to start navigation?

Try this thread - if you hit search, there are some others that may also help:

Try this thread - if you hit search, there are some others that may also help:
Thanks

Waze can be wildly unreliable, particularly in the city. So in car system is a good option to have/use, and it's handy not to have to take a smartphone (or buy one if you don't have one already)

Waze can be wildly unreliable, particularly in the city. So in car system is a good option to have/use, and it's handy not to have to take a smartphone (or buy one if you don't have one already)
use it all the time in city and have found no problems with it

use it all the time in city and have found no problems with it
Then you're lucky I guess - a whole host of issues with the mapping, tolls ect can be found well documented on their forum &/or socials, one of the most annoying being it's CCZ failure post the ULEZ expansion.

Also the routing can be comical, adding unnecessary length to the journey.

Last edited:
I think this is the most straight forward explanation:
It's meant to keep your sat nav position up to date using speed and direction when no GPS signal is available e.g. in tunnel. However, turning this on in the facelift model stops your position being updated altogether therefore best to leave off until software update appears

Thanks for the help! I generally use Waze in London, but my phone a Samsung S21 ultra can't sit in the charging mat with a standard USB plugged in. Going to try a right angled plug

Just received my ZS LR Trophy. Seems fine apart from the Satnav which will not track or update. It logs the position when the car starts and will map the route just doesn't track when moving.
Am I missing an option to start navigation?
Yes Chris’s, I also have the new ZS Trophy and the satnav is next to useless. It will contradict itself eg make a u turn when not necessary, or will contradict itself continually. Woe betide you if you deviate from the recommended route, it will be totally confused and seems incapable of replanning your route. I am tempted to get my old Garmin out the boot.

I have an LR EV SE The satnav works even adjusting to my re routing. Only big snag is it stopped showing me where EV charge points are.

I see now that they only show when the zoom level is quite high. And their map does not show newer ones, or even list them on the navigate to options. How do we get map updates?

I see now that they only show when the zoom level is quite high. And their map does not show newer ones, or even list them on the navigate to options. How do we get map updates?
That.s anybody's guess, they have no updates available yet, and no word if they will be paid of free.

It is most likely that the update will be done by downloading the map files onto a thumbdrive, and plugging that into the USB in the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom